Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer - Mortgage Advice Required

Options
  • 30-08-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

First time poster.

I'm really just looking for some general advice on where you think I might stand in regards a mortgage.

I have an appointment with the bank (Ulster Bank) next week to discuss being granted a mortgage.

Currently I earn 40k p/a.

On top of this I earn bonus (not guaranteed) of between 0-12k p/a. I've been in my job almost 4 years and in the last two years (the only two I've been qualified to earn a bonus, I've earned between 6k and 8k).

I currently have 19k in savings.

On top of that I participate in two work sharesave schemes, the first matures in December this year, and the second in December next year - i'll be looking at just over 20k back for each of them.

In terms of current disposable cash - from my wages at the minute goes my rent, tv/phone/internet, car loan (completed in April 2014, currently 200p/m and car insursurance.

How am I looking for this meeting next week?

Any input greatly appreciated, not sure where i really stand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

How much is left on the car loan? You'd be in a much better position with no outstanding loans.
    Plug your number into some online calculators, but I would imagine banks would be reluctant to lend to you at the moment, you'll be in a muchg better position come december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

dearg lady wrote: »
    Plug your number into some online calculators

What ever figure they give you on the calculators shave 20k off it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14 timotei11

dearg lady wrote: »
    How much is left on the car loan? You'd be in a much better position with no outstanding loans.
    Plug your number into some online calculators, but I would imagine banks would be reluctant to lend to you at the moment, you'll be in a muchg better position come december.

200 a month for 20 months (4k).

I assumed it might be December for me tbh... However, if I go down on next week and explain my situation to the guy, if the banks refuse to lend me will that be 'held against me' come December?

Advertisement