Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processor advice

Options
  • 30-08-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi guys going to build my own PC and i am stuck on what what processor i should get can you recommend a good processor. For the moment i just be doing general internet surfing movie download + watch through my TV, but will be going back to college in January and will doing college projects, some website builds and light programming.

My budget is about €100.

Any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

It really depends on the rest of your system. What motherboard is it? What socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭richfly

Haven't really thought about that just looking to get processor first then the motherboard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Need more info - Case, PSU, RAM?

• Advertisement

Need more info - Case, PSU, RAM?
    Case will prob be micro atx, psu 500 w, ram 8 gig.

richfly wrote: »

Oh sorry I see - you're looking for a processor for €100 for a new build you havent come up with yet.

I suggest if you're doing a build post your whole budget and fill out the form in the links.

For €100 depending on whether you are going for a discrete GPU or not look at the new AMD lines.

Oh sorry I see - you're looking for a processor for €100 for a new build you havent come up with yet.

I suggest if you're doing a build post your whole budget and fill out the form in the links.

For €100 depending on whether you are going for a discrete GPU or not look at the new AMD lines.

I have case and the psu, so looking to get the Mobo, CPU, hdd and graphics card for between 200 - 250.

I have case and the psu, so looking to get the Mobo, CPU, hdd and graphics card for between 200 - 250.

Do you do much gaming - one of the quadcore AMD APUs (CPU+GPU) is probably what I'd go for on that budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What's the quality of the PSU like? Have you got the name and model?

• Advertisement

Won't be doing much gaming more so website builds and making tracks using ableton software. This is my first build so not sure what to get.

Advertisement