Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatever happened to the Parking Levy

• 30-08-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is more suited to Motors thread or Taxation so I’ll stick it in here.
    Anyway, what ever happened to the Parking levy that was to be introduced?
    Was it so bad a concept it would have never worked?
    Disclaimer: If the parking levy is not in operation and because of this thread it does then I hold no responsibility.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Not sure if this is more suited to Motors thread or Taxation so I’ll stick it in here.
    Disclaimer: If the parking levy is not in operation and because of this thread it does then I hold no responsibility.

shut up!!!

maybe they forgot about it so lets all stay quite!!

:P

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

...so ya stuck it in neither!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A cynic would say that such a levy would have mainly affected public sector workers so, as a result, it was quietly shelved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The levy got parked...

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The levy got parked...

I'll get my coat
    A wise man told me "If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Civil service unions effectively have posession of hundreds (thousands?) of parking spaces in the city centre because they control the allocation and use it to further their power and influence. There's no way they would have agreed to a measure that both would have cost their members hundreds in BIK tax and also weakened their own position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

IIRC they set up a working group to examine it in detail, but they said it was too complex to introduce.

I don't know who was on the working group.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That's it. Badly thought out. If normal people have an idea they ask a couple of people what they think and would it work. After 30 seconds when it's obviously a stupid idea it's forgotten about (unless it's so bad you keep reminding them of it for a laugh).
    But when a politician does the same they announce it publicly, they if they're laughed at it's water off a ducks back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I think it went with the Greens, good riddance to the greens anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

davet82 wrote: »
    shut up!!!

maybe they forgot about it so lets all stay quite!!

:P

I concur, what levy ???, nothing to see here.
    I'm quite quiet on this matter.

Advertisement