Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of return

Options
  • 30-08-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Heading to Florida for a year on an M1 Visa in October (pilot training). As part of the VISA application I need to provide documentation that shows that I intend to return to Ireland after my visa expires in a year.
    I'm currently permanently employed and can get a letter from HR to show this, but since I'll be quitting my job to head over will this document prove anything? Anyone got any other suggestion as to what docs I should bring to the embassy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Will your job take you back and if so, will they provide a letter stating such? Do you intend to further your pilot training in Ireland (or elsewhere, not in the USA) after the year?

Financial ties: a house you own here, or land that you intend to build on, or a business
    Family ties: close family, especially children and grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Padlock69

I intend to look for work as a pilot in Europe when I return, which I would be unable to do in the US illegally.
    But im in my early 20s, so no kids or property. Family and work prospects are the main things I can think of, but how do I show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Padlock69 wrote: »
    I intend to look for work as a pilot in Europe when I return, which I would be unable to do in the US illegally.
    But im in my early 20s, so no kids or property. Family and work prospects are the main things I can think of, but how do I show that.

Bring photos of family etc plans for weddings. For work prospects maybe get a letter or do some research and print out the type of positions you would aim for.

Advertisement