Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting holiday ready

• 30-08-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

Going on a sun holiday in a week and a half, last minute deal so haven't had time to diet, exercise etc so have to make do with the body I've got!
    But in terms of getting myself holiday ready otherwise any suggestions?

How do I get myself primmed, trimmed and beautified for a week of pool, beach & sun?? What are the must do's??

I might add this is the first sun hol in over 10 years so way out of practice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Im going sat next week too. :D V excited and cant wait for some sun.

I'm pretty much sorted for daytime clothes. Ive a boob tube type swimsuit and one other bikini, that'll do. A couple of maxi dresses and 2 skirts and some vest tops for daywear. Need a couple more nightime outfits though. Im only bringing one pair of heels and the rest flats or sandals. I have the outfits put together in my head so i know i wont be bringing things i wont wear.

I've booked in for a spray tan on thursday as im dreading the bikini unveiling haha, so it'll make it a bit more bearable. Apart from that ive been doing aquafit for the last 5 weeks in an attempt to lose some weight :o Will shave legs etc the night before and just maintain through the week and file and paint hands and toes. Thats it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Do a home pedi to make sure your feet look nice as they will be out a lot over the holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Get your legs waxed if you can! I know I shave my legs more often on holidays than I do usually, and the skin gets all dry and irritated from it.

I'd probably do a good exfoliation before the spray tan, to get your skin in tip-top condition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I get my nails done, generally shellac or gelish on my finger nails and a normal paint on my toe nails.
    Waxing is a good idea, because you will be smoother for longer. Make sure you moisturise too, it will make your skin look super healthy, whether or not you decide to spray tan before you go.
    Sometimes I have done the body wraps, they're very good but I wouldn't do them all the time.
    Eyecombo is good too, eyelash tint will eliminate the need for mascara, so no panda eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Would usually get a good bikini wax, like a g-string wax or even brazillian. An underarm wax is handy as well on holiday as you don't have that shadow you get from shaving. If you go to a place that does lycon wax you only need to let the hair grow out from a week or so as that type of wax can grip the really short hairs. Eyelash tint, file and paint on the toes, shellac on the hands, and a spray tan (though this can be a pain wearing off) and your good to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Right - thinking I'll go for shellac on the hands and an eyelash tint.
    Will chance doing a wax at home - never done it before though.
    Stuck for time as working all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Will chance doing a wax at home - never done it before though.
    Where? Legs? I would advise against anywhere else, to be honest. Ingrown hairs galore when not done properly. Have learned the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

Be veeerrry careful with home waxing!! Especially if you're going to do the bikini or under arm, you could easily leave yourself with bruising... Not very attractive on hols :)

Advertisement