Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Healthiest way to get drunk (1/2 litre of Vodka V 15 Pints)

• 30-08-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Right lads,

So here is the options as far as i see it.
    I actually like to get drunk/tipsy:D;):cool::p
    Yes im whats called a binge drinker.:o
    Now Im getting on in years and i know binge drinking aint a good idea:(.

Is drinking half a liter of vodka mixed with Pure Mixed Fruit juice better than say 15 pints of Larger?

Whats the healthiest way to get a skinfull on board but not to get liver sclerosis :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I believe the clearer the spirit the less your liver has to deal with but alcohol will cause liver sclerosis so there's no avoiding that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If you're talking in terms of trying to put off gaining weight then the half litre of vodka would be best. I mix it with multi-vitamin juice. It tastes lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

humbert wrote: »
    I believe the clearer the spirit the less your liver has to deal with but alcohol will cause liver sclerosis so there's no avoiding that.

So either way im screwed, have to cut down so, Can Sclerosis of the liver be reversed? Is it fatal?

Is it JUST the alcohol in beer that gives you sclerosis. Stupid question would non - alcoholic beer give you sclerosis? I guess not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'm no doctor but afaik the liver is the only organ in the body that can regenerate itself..

So say you have something wrong with your liver they (the doctors not me lol) can cut out the bad bits and the healty part of your liver grows back to form a whole liver

Not really sure though... should probably look it up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Sgro

ronan45 wrote: »
    So either way im screwed, have to cut down so, Can Sclerosis of the liver be reversed? Is it fatal?

Is it JUST the alcohol in beer that gives you sclerosis. Stupid question would non - alcoholic beer give you sclerosis? I guess not?

Just the alcohol, yeah. Non alcoholic beer would do no liver damage whatsoever.
    Alcohol is alcohol, in terms of your liver its all the same, but spirits have less calories, so if avoiding too much weight gain is your goal, go with spirits. Also, arguably, its healthier as you don't have to produce massive amounts of insulin to deal with the carbs & sugars in beer & cider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Vodka is healthier than beer for sure, definitely less calories. But my problem is I drink the stuff too fast, just can't get used to spending 30 minutes drinking a vodka like you might do with a pint.

So I end up trollied whereas on beer it is more of a gradual trollied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

RATM wrote: »
    Vodka is healthier than beer for sure, definitely less calories. But my problem is I drink the stuff too fast, just can't get used to spending 30 minutes drinking a vodka like you might do with a pint.

So I end up trollied whereas on beer it is more of a gradual trollied :D

I know re calories more as in liver damage and long term health problems :D

true before i know it half a liter has been horsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

PlainP wrote: »
    I'm no doctor but afaik the liver is the only organ in the body that can regenerate itself..

So say you have something wrong with your liver they (the doctors not me lol) can cut out the bad bits and the healty part of your liver grows back to form a whole liver

Not really sure though... should probably look it up...

Let me google that for you

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

If its weight loss that youre concerned with I believe whiskey is best and if you want a mixer then soda water.

Also as a side note, switching from cider to spirits is no good if you're gonna mix it with a bottle of coke. Fruit juice is good. Antioxidants aid the break down of the alcohol(after its already hit the brain) so you wont have as much of a hangover the next morning. A good vodka mixer is water, with a squeeze of fresh lime. Helps keep you hydrated.

• Advertisement

Very suitable username for this thread!

Who's? Mine?

Yeah, if I'm understanding LD 50 right.

Advertisement