Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year Looking for Help Find Work in Computer Hard ware or Programing

Options
  • 30-08-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey My name is Brandon i am 15 years old and in transition year (4th) in my school.My school has set my class,s Work experience to every Thursday for the rest of the year.We are told to look for Work experience in a field we would be interested in as a career.I would love to find Work experience In one of two fields 1.(Computer Hard Wear And repair 2.(Computer Programming.
    I have Knowledge in Computer Hard wear i.e What each part is how to assemble and disassemble a Computer.I have Basic Knowledge of C,C#,html, Python,Basic and i have Indeterminate Knowledge of Java.I Live in Dublin so i can only do my work experience in the city center because of travel issues.Please Post any ideas of places i could go as soon as you can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a few places in the Digital Hub iirc, I done 4th year in a Web Design place in there, was good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hardware. It's spelled hardware ;)

For the programming, if you have experience in a coding language and can actually compile a running program, I would suggest contacting an inner city university or IT that might be able to suggest something for you. They're familiar enough with work placement.

Advertisement