Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4,000 new citizens, a day to celebrate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

conorhal wrote: »
    I've really tired of this 'culturally enriched' meme that the left perpetrate, many of whom are the very same people that that rather ironically sneer at any and every assertion of indigenous Irish culture.

I've also yet to experience this 'cultural enrichment', or have anybody explain exactly how my life has been 'enhanced’ by it.
    Perhaps I have failed to fully appreciate the cultural value of my Eastern European neighbors all night vodka parties and casual knife crime (neighbor stabbed to death a few years ago at a party). Nor does my trip into work feel 'enhanced' by the burka brigade on the bus with their kids and male 'chaperone', in fact I find it somewhat disquieting to have to sit in proximity to somebody wearing a mask and seated next to her bouncer. Nor does half of Nigeria swaggering around the Square where I shop dressed as identikit gangstas in their trackies and chains seem very 'culturally enhancing' either, and I've yet to figure out how the default cultural expression of most Africans in the area appears to be the culture of South Central Los Angeles to which (as far as I can gather anyway) they have no connection.

I get the distinct feeling that those who bang on about 'cultural vibrancy' tend to be the kind of people that turn up at the annual DunLaoghaire 'Festival of Cultures' to eat a samosa, watch some Thai's dance and buy a colorful hat before fecking off back home to Dublin 4, because they sure as hell don't live in the pretty alienating world of vibrant multicultural Dublin that I do.

Awwwww. God love ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

It says 14,000 since last june
    How many in last 10 years and where are these people from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I do think that immigration should be more selective.

More professionals to drive down the costs of healthcare would be nice.

Less people for the non-skilled areas - there's plenty of competition there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

It says 14,000 since last june
    How many in last 10 years and where are these people from?
    Not sure how many were granted citizenship in the last 10 years, however we do know that the 4,000 who got their citizenship came from 115 different countries, which is great. Maybe at last we are moving towards becoming a forward looking inclusive,melting pot as oppossed to a inward and narrow minded mono ethnic kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

andrew wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can drink alcohol in UAE, and that Islam and opium aren't a thing. But even if they were, so what. Don't go to UAE if you don't want. and if there are laws against opium here, then respect them.

New York, London, Canada, to name a few places, are anything but bland and homogeneous.

As I said earlier a friend lived in Dubai for a year working on the construction of some hotel or other and he said you can drink in the bars in the hotels all you like but when you are done get straight in a taxi (they will be right outside the door) and go where you are going, no messing around as that is not tolerated in the least. Another friend who is currently working in Saudi Arabia said that there the only place to drink is in the company compound iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

conorhal wrote: »
    I've really tired of this 'culturally enriched' meme that the left perpetrate, many of whom are the very same people that that rather ironically sneer at any and every assertion of indigenous Irish culture.

I've also yet to experience this 'cultural enrichment', or have anybody explain exactly how my life has been 'enhanced’ by it.
    Perhaps I have failed to fully appreciate the cultural value of my Eastern European neighbors all night vodka parties and casual knife crime (neighbor stabbed to death a few years ago at a party). Nor does my trip into work feel 'enhanced' by the burka brigade on the bus with their kids and male 'chaperone', in fact I find it somewhat disquieting to have to sit in proximity to somebody wearing a mask and seated next to her bouncer. Nor does half of Nigeria swaggering around the Square where I shop dressed as identikit gangstas in their trackies and chains seem very 'culturally enhancing' either, and I've yet to figure out how the default cultural expression of most Africans in the area appears to be the culture of South Central Los Angeles to which (as far as I can gather anyway) they have no connection.

I get the distinct feeling that those who bang on about 'cultural vibrancy' tend to be the kind of people that turn up at the annual DunLaoghaire 'Festival of Cultures' to eat a samosa, watch some Thai's dance and buy a colorful hat before fecking off back home to Dublin 4, because they sure as hell don't live in the pretty alienating world of vibrant multicultural Dublin that I do.

Shush...you can't be saying that. Don't you know we are now a happy,vibrant multicultural nation that we have all agreed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

I do think that immigration should be more selective.

More professionals to drive down the costs of healthcare would be nice.

Less people for the non-skilled areas - there's plenty of competition there.

That seems fine in theory but many "unskilled immigrants" come to this country to become skilled and end up subsequently making a large contribution to the economy even though upon arrival that would not appear so. Nearly everyone I work with in retail who is a non-national is studying.

I don't what the numbers are here but in the US, Germany and else where a non-national is far more likely to start up a business then a native national.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

brimal wrote: »
    Your 'see what I mean' post was referring to Israel's no-nonsense approach to illegal immigrants.

What's wrong with deporting people who are in the country illegally?

Nothing. However sticking it into a post about people becoming legal citizens of Ireland although not explicitly stating it suggests that the person posting it thinks that those people should be deported.

We hadn't been talking about illegal immigrants but yet he thought it relevant to bring it into the thread. Why? It wasn't what we were talking about at all but as per my prediction somebody managed to get in the 'send 'em back where they came from' pretty darn quick.

So once again - "See what I mean!" :pac:

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Not sure how many were granted citizenship in the last 10 years, however we do know that the 4,000 who got their citizenship came from 115 different countries, which is great. Maybe at last we are moving towards becoming a forward looking inclusive,melting pot as oppossed to a inward and narrow minded mono ethnic kip.

Are you serious?

Ya Ireland 1999 was terrible.

A multi-ethnic country is automatically superior to a largely mono-ethnic one, this is your viewpoint.
    Do you consider all largely mon-ethnic countries to be "kips"
    So the Dominican republic is superior to south Korea in your opinion?
    oh
    mono ethnic =/= inward or narrow mined (automatically )
    and
    melting pot =/= forward looking for example what of all these immigrants where from the most remote part of conservative Afghanistan or Amish (automatically )

You say it is a day to celebrate yet you seem to have no idea where or who these people are or how their will benefit us?
    Produce some data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You say it is a day to celebrate yet you seem to have no idea where or who these people are or how their will benefit us?

I have no idea who "us" is or how we'll benefit me either...

Are you serious?

Ya Ireland 1999 was terrible.

A multi-ethnic country is automatically superior to a largely mono-ethnic one, this is your viewpoint.
    Do you consider all largely mon-ethnic countries to be "kips"
    So the Dominican republic is superior to south Korea in your opinion?
    oh
    mono ethnic =/= inward or narrow mined (automatically )
    and
    melting pot =/= forward looking for example what of all these immigrants where from the most remote part of conservative Afghanistan or Amish (automatically )

Produce some data.

What do you mean by "us"?. If you mean Irish then your mistaken because that term is apt to also refer to the people in the OP. So they are "us" too.

Regarding what they provide it's pretty much universally excepted by the business community and among economists that immigrants strengthen an economy provided there are reasonable wage controls and labor laws in place.

cristoir wrote: »

Regarding what they provide it's pretty much universally excepted by the business community and among economists that immigrants strengthen an economy provided there are reasonable wage controls and labor laws in place.

No that depends on the quantity and quality of the immigrants
    and the immigration control regime.

for example
    500,000 Nomadic illiterate peasants with an average IQ of 75 would not benefit the economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Ireland needs people who can set up businesses and build a proper economy that is based on real things that can be exported. An economy based solely on banking and housing was bound to collapse. Many of these immigrants are young hard working people (as they would be to make it this far from their homeland) and so they're more likely to contribute to the economy than the current population.
    Europe has a major problem with growing elderly population. The elderly put huge strain on the economy as they do not work and live off benefits. To balance this the country needs many younger people who can work and contribute to the economy.

The only people who dislike foreign/immigrant people coming to their countries are the ones who don't like to see them black or brown or chinese people moving into their nice white neighbourhoods.

for example
    500,000 Nomadic illiterate peasants with a average IQ of 75 would not benefit the economy
    Godwin strikes again!

Godwin strikes again!

confused?

• Advertisement

The failure of Ireland's Liberal Immigration polices. An analysis

Ireland's immigration polices 1995-2010 have failed.
    Here are 16 reasons listed below why I think so, there's others as well
    such as worker displacement in labour market.
    The debate is not anti-immigrant or anti-immigration it is about
    the level of immigration and type of immigration
    Where immigration is concerned, caution, control and conservatism should be the watch word
    Had we adopted more immigration control in 1995 we would now have a smaller and more high quality immigrant population and could have avoided or minimized the dangers of it
    while still gaining most the advantages that it can bring.
    We need to learn these lessons for the future when the Economy recovers and we need
    to deal with the hangover of the failed immigration polices to date.
    Plenty of data can be produced for other European countries further down the road from us which confirms my viewpoint.

Economy

1: Social welfare cost
    78,857 amount of non-Irish national on live register (388,066 Irish)
    (see post number 102 for non-eu numbers)
    If we compare the numbers on the dole with the populations recorded in the 2006 census
    we see that some groups have high levels of social welfare dependence
    http://www.politics.ie/current-affai...egister-2.html

2: Remittances
    Money from temporary economic immigrants leaving country in from of remittances
    I am not saying this is wrong of them, I am just saying this a reality of
    liberal immigratiion polices.
    Poles alone sent €841million home from Ireland in 2009
    http://www.politics.ie/economy/14121...009-times.html

3: Cost of asylum system
    The cost of dealing with asylum seekers will reach €300m this year(2008), with Irish lawyers making a killing from an estimated 1,200 judicial reviews of deportation cases by people who have entered the country illegally.
    False claims help bill for asylum seekers to hit €300m - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

4: Social Housing
    More than half of the applicants for council homes in north Dublin are from abroad, new figures show.
    Over half on housing list are foreign - City News, National News - Herald.ie

5: Rent allowance.
    Last week(2008), the figures appeared for the numbers of people receiving full state-subsidy for rental accommodation in Ireland. Nearly 40pc of them are immigrants.
    Risible lies about immigrants no substitute for honest debate - Kevin Myers, Columnists - Independent.ie

6: Child benefit payments
    Child benefit payments parents living in Ireland who claim for non-resident children.
    2005 ..... €720,000
    2008 ..... €20.9 million
    2010 ..... €15.4 million

State seeks to change EU child benefit rule - The Irish Times - Mon, Mar 21, 2011

Justice

7: Prison Commitals
    33.6% of all prison committals in 2007 where non-Irish national
    Statistics-Home

8: Sham marriage
    BETWEEN 10 and 15 per cent of the civil ceremonies conducted across the country may be “sham marriages” aimed purely at circumventing immigration rules, one of the country’s main marriage registrars has warned. Dennis Prior, superintendent registrar for the Health Service Executive eastern registration area, said the increase in suspected bogus marriages, which is now estimated at several hundred per year, was “disheartening and demoralising” for registrars
    Registrar warns of rapid rise in 'sham marriages' - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 17, 2010

9: Legal costs.
    57% of judicial reviews in the High Court were 'asylum-related' in 2009 ie 749 of 1312.
    Courts Service of Ireland 2009 report
    23% (8.3m) of the State's funding to legal aid (€34,640,000) in 2009 was to represent asylum seekers through the Refugee Legal Service.
    The costs of the State's legal defence to these actions, is extra but hidden in somebody else's budget. It is not clear if the costs of the Refugee Documentation Centre come out of the 8.3m.
    http://www.legalaidboard.ie/ 2009 report
    Interpreters for foreign national defendants in our courts cost €3.8m in 2008
    Language costs for courts to hit €10m - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

10: Illegal immigrants
    Migrant Rights Centre states that 30,000 undocumented workers reside in the state by their estimate.
    Focus on status of undocumented migrants - The Irish Times - Mon, May 23, 2011

Health

11: infectious disease
    Two examples
    60% of all HIV and Aids cases are non-Irish national
    50% of all recent TB cases are non-Irish national
    http://www.politics.ie/health-social...evealed-4.html

12: foreign doctors fitness to practise
    MORE than 60% of Fitness to Practise (FTP) inquiries completed by the Medical Council in 2010 related to foreign doctors.
    Foreign docs in 60% of conduct hearings | Irish Examiner

Education

13: Cost of translation services
    1100 language assistants in schools in January 2010.
    Language posts cut 'will hit integration' - Latest News, Education - Independent.ie

14: OECD Education ratings decline
    Ireland has dropped in OECD Education rankings I believe immigration is a factor in this
    how big a factor is debatable.
    Ireland has slipped from 5th place in 2000 to 17th place,
    the sharpest decline among 39 countries surveyed.
    In maths, Ireland has fallen from 16th to 26th place, the second steepest decline among participating countries. Ireland is now ranked as below average in maths.
    Yesterday, the Department said the increase in migrant children, the greater inclusion of children with special needs and fewer early school leavers could explain the decline in literacy and maths standards.
    Ireland drops in literacy rankings - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 07, 2010
    Annual Monitoring Report on Integration 2010
    From Table 3.4 we see that scores of non-English speaking immigrants scored ,
    59 points lower in reading than Irish students
    35 points lower in mathematics than Irish students
    Table 3.4 Mean reading and mathematics scores in PISA 2009 by immigrant/language status, 15 year olds (Ireland)
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0504/integration.pdf

Miscellaneous

15: Professional immigration industry “NGOs”
    The immigration industry in Ireland contains a total of 189 organisations (2007)
    These groups dominate the media debate or what passes for debate , there is no opposing voice.
    Their press statements are reprinted as facts in newspapers.
    Some of the biggest are
    ICI, II , NCCRI, IRC, MRCI, NASC, RIS,
    Its would be a very hard task to calculate just how much taxpayers money is taken by these groups. It is estimated that One Foundation and Atlantic Philanthropies account for a major proportion of funding provided to many of these groups.
    Taxpayer money can be funnelled into these groups
    both through direct and indirect means for example Development Education Grants
    Pobal, National Action Plan Against Racism, Office of the Minister for Integration
    European grants, FAS, HSE and Lottery grants.
    These groups funded partly by us now represent a powerful lobby group.
    http://www.prospectus.ie/documents/P...port_Final.pdf

16: Irish naturalisation & immigration service
    59,291,000 euro's 2010
    http://www.budget.gov.ie/budgets/201...get%202011.pdf

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

for example
    500,000 Nomadic illiterate peasants with an average IQ of 75 would not benefit the economy

Yes it would, abundant cheap labour!

confused?
    To say you are confused is to put it mildly, but your admission that you are is a good first step. Onwards and upwards for you from now on.:)

Ireland needs people who can set up businesses and build a proper economy that is based on real things that can be exported. An economy based solely on banking and housing was bound to collapse. Many of these immigrants are young hard working people (as they would be to make it this far from their homeland) and so they're more likely to contribute to the economy than the current population.
    The economy was balanced until the mid 2000s
    How do you know that they are hard working and entrepreneurs
    whats your data?
    Europe has a major problem with growing elderly population. The elderly put huge strain on the economy as they do not work and live off benefits. To balance this the country needs many younger people who can work and contribute to the economy.
    Immigration is not the solution to the aging of Europe issue any one who is educated on the subject knows that.

The UN population division calculates that replicating the age structure and support ratio of Europe would require 701 million immigrants by 2050.
    It is unrealistic to look to immigration for even modest alleviataions in the welfare state predicament see Harvard economist
    Martin Feldstein study of Spain.
    For immigrants to help the welfare state they and their descendents must pay more into the welfare than they take out.
    The evidence is that many immigrant groups take more out of welfare than they put in in country after country.
    In Netherlands for example where 40% of immigrants get some form of government assistance.
    One of the amazing stats in the history of European Immigration is that the number of foreign residents in Germany rose steadily between 1971 and 2000 form 3 million to about 7.5 million but the number employed in work force did not budge it stayed roughly 2 million people.

All across Europe Immigration polices for some decades now are utterly disfunctional. and diseugenic

Good book on the subject
    http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Revolution-In-Europe-Immigration/product-reviews/0307276759/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_img/187-9915630-3447429?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    The only people who dislike foreign/immigrant people coming to their countries are the ones who don't like to see them black or brown or chinese people moving into their nice white neighbourhoods.

:rolleyes:

for example

That's ridiculousness pedantic. Of course that would be bad if half a million illiterate peasants moved to Ireland but so would allowing the entire Sicilian Mafia to immigrate to Ireland. That has nothing to do with reasonable immigration policy. By your logic "heart trance-plants aren't a good thing because sometimes they can be infected with syphilis".

My original point that Immigration is good for an economy still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

for example

These are exactly the type of people we need. We can send the whole lot down the potato mines and they won't bitch about it like the Irish who demand smoked salmon breakfast cereals and indoor sanitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Kat1170

for example

Cork ???:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Yes it would, abundant cheap labour!

And a huge fcukin social welfare bill when the jobs are no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

for example

How can you be a nomad and a peasant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

What exactly are we celebrating?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

God, such a moany bunch you lot. Ireland is a drab, boring, grey place for the most part in my opinion, especially outside of Dublin. Citizens from all over the world bringing their culture with them can only liven up the place in my opinion. Embrace it bitches!

goose2005 wrote: »
    Leave him alone he has already admitted that he is both from Cork and confused. :D

goose2005 wrote: »

An elaborate form of crop rotation?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

And a huge fcukin social welfare bill when the jobs are no more.

If anyone in the world could move anywhere they wanted, then they could just leave. That's my point about open borders. If people could work anywhere they wanted at any time, then they can move to where the work is. This includes the ability to leave when there's no work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

That's great news.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    That's great news.

I agree, not only do we get 4K new fellow citizens, we get to ferret out the boards resident racists.

In my book, that's a win-win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Hmmmm

I wonder if we suddenly had 4000 births in one day would we be celebrating that day or ruing it?

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Hmmmm

I wonder if we suddenly had 4000 births in one day would we be celebrating that day or ruing it?

Woah there buddy, we'd literally need to win the World Cup or something for a population explosion of that magnitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The failure of Ireland's Liberal Immigration polices. An analysis

You've told us all this before; are you stuck on repeat?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498784
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79712884

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

If anyone in the world could move anywhere they wanted, then they could just leave. That's my point about open borders. If people could work anywhere they wanted at any time, then they can move to where the work is. This includes the ability to leave when there's no work.

But I like having my friends and family around. Anyone else is an afterthought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Skyjock

karma_ wrote: »
    I agree, not only do we get 4K new fellow citizens, we get to ferret out the boards resident racists.

Man....You say that like its a good thing !

I think Cork boy has well laid out....thats the sort we let in...AND....thats the result of it. Looney left wins again.

I hear echo's of the ould catholic establishment where the nation was told to procreate to no end ...even though there wasn't a crumb in the press, now the lefties take over from the church ....and import them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7fETsKYkA
    Watch this and tell me he was wrong.....no actually watch this and ask our nearest neighbour.

Skyjock wrote: »

I think Cork boy has well laid out....thats the sort we let in...AND....thats the result of it. Looney left wins again.

I hear echo's of the ould catholic establishment where the nation was told to procreate to no end ...even though there wasn't a crumb in the press, now the lefties take over from the church ....and import them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7fETsKYkA
    Watch this and tell me he was wrong.....no actually watch this and ask our nearest neighbour.

I watched the first 58 seconds, there was no need to watch any further. HE WAS WRONG.

welcome back IrishAM

It is a good thing

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Skyjock wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the PC Brigade had a hand in this too.

Would you please do me a favour Frank and fix that, it looks like I said something idiotic there. Not that that's unusual, but I'm innocent this time!

Who exactly are the PC brigade?Define please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

[I I hear echo's of the ould catholic establishment where the nation was told to procreate to no end ...even though there wasn't a crumb in the press, now the lefties take over from the church ....and import them.

We don't import human beings. They travel here of their own volition.

No doubt it was the that damn Center of Multicultural Liberal Elitist Politically Correct Bleeding Hearts for the Advancement of Mandatory Abortions, Free Prams and Swan Culling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I have it outlined here.:pac:

• Advertisement

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

PC Brigade

(Noun) (Abbr. Political Correctness Brigade) (Chiefly British)

A smug, knee-jerk, ill-defined catch-all word that is overused by closet racists, sexists, homophobes and bigots to describe anyone who dares to challenge their hate speech with the values of respect and common human decency.

From urban dictionary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Can I say without getting Banned That I for one am sick to Death looking at all these Africans going around dressing like something from Boyz in the Hood!Am I a racist? Who knows but I tell you one thing,It is getting a bit out of control in some areas,I drove through a North Co Dublin town a few weeks back and it was like downtown Lagos.We are going down the UK route were johnny foreigner live together and do not become part of the local community.Ranting now:mad:
    No More I say,4,000 today you say OP,Thats just the legal ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Skyjock

I watched the first 58 seconds, there was no need to watch any further. HE WAS WRONG.

then try the second part...ask our neighbour's...but dont go to Birmingham, Luton or the other countless Ghetto's.v;)

"We don't import human beings. They travel here of their own volition"
    Totally correct...my apologies....its the attractiveness and ease of that entrance
    that needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Pherekydes wrote: »
    We don't import human beings. They travel here of their own volition.

And there you have it, Most of our new citizens are asylum seekers who decided to come here because of our welfare system and ease of access to it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement