Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4,000 new citizens, a day to celebrate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

I have it outlined here.:pac:
    Ah I see, so you are admitting that your limited intellectual capacity leaves you incapable of coherently defining a term you have heard others use, which sounds chic to you, but whose essential qualities you can neither actually grasp nor intelligently articulate. Well done you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

not yet wrote: »
    And there you have it, Most of our new citizens are asylum seekers who decided to come here because of our welfare system and ease of access to it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Proof or GTFO

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Skyjock wrote: »
    then try the second part...ask our neighbour's...but dont go to Birmingham, Luton or the other countless Ghetto's.v;)

"We don't import human beings. They travel here of their own volition"
    Totally correct...my apologies....its the attractiveness and ease of that entrance
    that needs to be looked at.

At this juncture, I'm going to refer you back to post #82.

Can I say without getting Banned That I for one am sick to Death looking at all these Africans going around dressing like something from Boyz in the Hood!Am I a racist? Who knows but I tell you one thing,It is getting a bit out of control in some areas,I drove through a North Co Dublin town a few weeks back and it was like downtown Lagos.We are going down the UK route were johnny foreigner live together and do not become part of the local community.Ranting now:mad:
    No More I say,4,000 today you say OP,Thats just the legal ones.
    Yeah , God forbid anyone in this country should dare to dress differently to you!
    Not just dem africans, dem goths,hippies,punks, and student types. Shockin thats whatis Joe,just shockin!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Proof or GTFO

Proof? Pft I'm sure this poster has anecdotal evidence that will trump any such nonsense like "proof".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Skyjock

karma_ wrote: »
    At this juncture, I'm going to refer you back to post #82.

And I will fast forward you to 87 !.

(another bleeding heart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^I'm more sick of scumbags walking around smoking weed and hassling people than those nigerian kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Dirk er durrr

And I will fast forward you to 87 !.

(another bleeding heart)

You've been an awesome contestant Skyjock. Thanks for playing.

And there you have it, Most of our new citizens are asylum seekers who decided to come here because of our welfare system and ease of access to it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
    Racist generalization.

• Advertisement

You've been an awesome contestant Skyjock. Thanks for playing.

Glad to be of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Proof or GTFO

Proof of what....

If what you mean by proof is experiences I have had in the past couple of years then I have buckets of it, but then again individual stories mean nothing unless it is verified and stamped by some government dept that want to hide the facts.

cristoir wrote: »
    Proof? Pft I'm sure this poster has anecdotal evidence that will trump any such nonsense like "proof".

Ha Ha, the same old sh1te rolled out by people who live with there head in the sand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Proof of what....

If what you mean by proof is experiences I have had in the past couple of years then I have buckets of it, but then again individual stories mean nothing unless it is verified and stamped by some government dept that want to hide the facts.

Anecdotal evidence is pretty poor evidence in fairness. You're more likely to remember the incidents which confirm what you already think, than to remember the ones which contradict it.

Proof of what....

Not to brag but I called this in post 106 :P.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Racist generalization.

maybe....but dont let that get in the way of the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Is it OK to say it as it is? Are our hands tied in relation to basically saying,I dont really like them and I would feel better if they were all sent back to .... etc.
    Still I ask the Question ,Am I a Racist? Enough is enough,NO MORE SHATTER!

Proof of what....

Proof of your statement
    Most of our new citizens are asylum seekers who decided to come here because of our welfare system and ease of access to it

You can't provide it though - so basically you are talking bullshit

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ha Ha, the same old sh1te rolled out by people who live with there head in the sand.

I work with immigrants who are hard working and studying hard. My neighbors on both sides are non-nationals on both sides who I have never had a drop of trouble off (only their Irish landlord).

^^All of this is anecdotal but if you want to play that ridiculousness game go with it. But for every story of Abdul the benefit cheat there will be 10 of hard working honest immigrants who are striving to make something of themselves. And I am proud to get to call 4,000 more of them my countrymen.

• Advertisement

Proof of your statement

You can't provide it though - so basically you are talking bullshit

You dont need to see the wind to know that its there....you just see the effect of it !

You dont need to see the wind to know that its there....you just see the effect of it !

:rolleyes: more bullshit :D

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I agree, not only do we get 4K new fellow citizens, we get to ferret out the boards resident racists.

In my book, that's a win-win.

It's amazing how you can't disagree with something without being a racist.

Maybe some people need to educate themselves on what racism is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

The existence of 'wind' is supported by a lot more than just anecdotal evidence of the odd breeze now and then.

In other words you have no proof just an uneducated narrow minded opinion. Have you considered joining the Christian Brothers ? They would love a recruit like you.

:rolleyes: more bullshit :D

you are as mixed up as your handle states

• Advertisement

Arhh here. This is piss poor trolling.

andrew wrote: »
    Anecdotal evidence is pretty poor evidence in fairness. You're more likely to remember the incidents which confirm what you already think, than to remember the ones which contradict it.

Maybe so, but I have recently rented out my apartment in clonee, The first 3 couples to view were Nigerian and all on rent allowance. Please explain to me how the largest proportion of asylum seekers in the past 10 years have been from Nigeria, surely you cannot think this is a coincidence. Mcdowell said back in 2007 that he had a report on his desk stating 80% plus of asylum seekers were bogus.

Please choose to ignore whatever parts you find offends you......

you are as mixed up as your handle states
    Your taste and outlook are as limited as your post indicates.

Maybe so, but I have recently rented out my apartment in clonee, The first 3 couples to view were Nigerian and all on rent allowance. Please explain to me how the largest proportion of asylum seekers in the past 10 years have been from Nigeria, surely you cannot think this is a coincidence. Mcdowell said back in 2007 that he had a report on his desk stating 80% plus of asylum seekers were bogus.

Three couples from Nigeria viewed your apartment so you deducted that the majority of the new Irish citizens are asylum seekers. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Oh and links to this McDowell statement maybe?

Terry Pratchet

A sample of 3 Nigerians is not nearly big enough to be able to say anything meaningful about Nigerians in general in this country. And I don't really see the significance of that report. OK, so there are many bogus asylum cases, in which case they don't get asylum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Who exactly are the PC brigade?Define please

Anyone who does'nt subscribe to a certain viewpoint is in the PC Brigade.

Same way that anybody who has'nt signed up to your myopic worldview is a racist

trim me a funny moustache and stick me in a panzer on the russian steppes so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

There's presumably a point hidden in that joycean diatribe that you'll share with us...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Mcdowell said back in 2007 that he had a report on his desk stating 80% plus of asylum seekers were bogus.

Is that your evidence? Not exactly airtight, is it?

I find that hard to believe unless of course you have confused Clonee with Lagos

Your taste and outlook are as limited as your post indicates.

By your own blinkered and myopic view.:rolleyes:

anyway...i will go back to my own silent protest....which involves, not shopping in outlets where the profit is exported from MY country and 10 percent of it goes to Western Union on the way out....hey there may even be the odd swear at large non national lady drivers performing yet another "kingstown Kurve"....but then again I do that to most idiots on the road.

Racist...if you wish....and froth away to your hearts desire at the thought....but I will NEVER agree to this wholesale open door policy.

"rivers of blood" - they did occur in the uk...they did occur in paris.

Nodin wrote: »
    There's presumably a point hidden in that joycean diatribe that you'll share with us...?

No, No there is not. And as you seem to be vastly more intelligent then I I'll quietly go about my business.

...sure we had them years ago outside the Harp and stabrakebabra near o'connell st bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I only know of 4 non-EU foreign nationals who have gained their citizenship recently:

1) Brazilian man. Moved here 11 years ago with his wife, has started a family and got citizenship after 9 years of working and paying taxes. He deserves it IMO.

2) Lithuanian man. Moved here 10 years ago, worked crappy jobs for ages and started his own food business 2 years ago. Got citizenship last year and deserves it.

3) Girl from former USSR state. Moved here as a teenager to escape civil war, worked hard in school and eventually got 500+ in the LC. Worked crappy jobs for 3 years after school to save for college and started studying 2 years ago. Got citizenship this year. Deserves it IMO.

4) Girl from another former USSR state. Moved here 10 years and despite not being too bothered about citizenship, wanted to prove to her fiance's family that she was marrying him out of love, not for a passport. Deserves it IMO.

Granted, that's a very small sample size and I only know these people through work colleagues, which means they are more likely to be hard working people themselves. But 100% of my sample are deserving of citizenship.

anyway...i will go back to my own silent protest....which involves, not shopping in outlets where the profit is exported from MY country.

The profit of any non Irish owned company leaves this country. You're going to have to boycott a whole lot more shops and products than you already do if really want to make a go of keeping money in the economy.

No, No there is not. And as you seem to be vastly more intelligent then I I'll quietly go about my business.

So, not being able to defend or make a coherent point, you have gathered your toys unto yourself and retreated to your demesne.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Anyone who does'nt subscribe to a certain viewpoint is in the PC Brigade.

Same way that anybody who has'nt signed up to your myopic worldview is a racist

trim me a funny moustache and stick me in a panzer on the russian steppes so :pac:
    Based on your post you would be happier dropping the Zyklon B pellets down the chute into the "showers".
    You decided on the nature of the analogy, so live with the result!

anyway...i will go back to my own silent protest....which involves, not shopping in outlets where the profit is exported from MY country and 10 percent of it goes to Western Union on the way out....hey there may even be the odd swear at large non national lady drivers performing yet another "kingstown Kurve"....but then again I do that to most idiots on the road.

Racist...if you wish....and froth away to your hearts desire at the thought....but I will NEVER agree to this wholesale open door policy.

Quote of Enoch Powell, I like it!

Quote of Enoch Powell, I like it!

Yes, a bigoted unionist. He'd know a great deal about 'rivers of blood'.

So, not being able to defend or make a coherent point, you have gathered your toys unto yourself and retreated to your demesne.

Correct.

andrew wrote: »
    The profit of any non Irish owned company leaves this country. You're going to have to boycott a whole lot more shops and products than you already do if really want to make a go of keeping money in the economy.

Bit of ASS umption there Andy.

Yes, a bigoted unionist. He'd know a great deal about 'rivers of blood'.

Well maybe apart from different religious views We have a lot more in common !

Correct.

Magnus Magnusson impressions as well, you're spoiling us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Rabid bull****. Asylum seekers form a small proportion of the total number of immigrants.

Magnus Magnusson impressions as well, you're spoiling us.

I`ve started so I will finish.How many Nigerians to date are now Irish Citizens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Based on your post you would be happier dropping the Zyklon B pellets down the chute into the "showers".
    You decided on the nature of the analogy, so live with the result!

youse scruffy PC types could do with a good shower I suppose :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement