Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4,000 new citizens, a day to celebrate.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

They are legals and working hard so well done to them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Sorry, but we've ****ed that up for you already. I have an Irish and an American parent. My sister is over in Ireland right now, blatanly of breeding age, with an Irish boyfriend. You genes are ****ed.

you are a mongrel, just like everyone else.

No,Pure 100% Irish and Proud.Does this make me a Racist?To say that your sister is of"Breeding age" is quite distasteful.I would never say anything like that about a woman. Shame on YOU! WOOF WOOF!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

CuriousG wrote: »
    The thing about opinion is, you're entitled to have an opinion based on life experience and seeing it happen to others. Some of those things are pretty personal, so I don't see the need to tell you all about them. That doesn't make my opinion less valid. If you didn't expect me to agree with you there would be no comments such as 'racist right wing' and 'bigot' thrown at me.

But would you no except that an opinion based primarily an anecdotal evidence is a rather weak one and more likely to be proven incorrect against an opinion based on logic, reason and fact? Again I didn't call you any names.
    Obviously, none of you know how to have a civilized discussion, because if you did, you would be able to accept this, without name calling.

To be fair in a civilized discussion you engage. You have refused to this. You have spouted an opinion and just entrenched yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

We certainly do. I'd love to know if you could point out my 'hatred' here. Thanks a million.

Also, due to the fact that the majority of migrants to Ireland come from struggling countries, why don't you all support them using their personal resources to build up the country they have came from?

CuriousG - answer me this. Look at these stats of the numbers of Irish living abroad.

http://www.globalirish.ie/issues/how-many-irish-people-live-abroad-an-ean-factsheet/

What are your thoughts on this?

Please don't say we were forced to leave our country by immigrants because they took our jobs or something ridiculous. I left Ireland 8 years ago to go to university in England and haven't gone back to live there long-term since. I know many like me. I don't plan on going home anytime soon. I know many who feel the same.

If all of us IRISH emigrants decided tomorrow to go home to Ireland, the country would be truly fooked. Many countries have taken in a massive amount of Irish in in recent years. Imagine they had refused to?

How can you justify your hostility to foreigners when Irish people done the very same thing either out of necessity or out of the desire to live abroad and have generally received an either neutral or positive welcome? Do you really think we, as Irish people, are in any position to complain about immigration taking our track record into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

cristoir wrote: »
    But would you no except that an opinion based primarily an anecdotal evidence is a rather weak one and more likely to be proven incorrect against an opinion based on logic, reason and fact? Again I didn't call you any names..

I haven't actually seen any fact from any of you either?? Do you personally have the record of every immigrant that say they have paid tax/started a business/contributed/integrated/didn't come here illegally?

I'll continue this 'discussion' when you do.

I was referring to people in general on this thread with name calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

In an ideal world, they wouldn't have a need to. But thanks to people like you and others, we will never have an ideal world, because your opinions have to reign supreme on everybody.

wow.

so in this ideal world, the "not having a need to" would apply world wide, yes?

How do you think a policy like that would effect science, technological development, economies, creativity and international relations world wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

wow.

so in this ideal world, the "not having a need to" would apply world wide, yes?

How do you think a policy like that would effect science, technological development, economies, creativity and international relations world wide?

No, because one can learn a lot from other countries without permanently living there.

Any opinions on migrants to Ireland from struggling countries? If they are such an asset to Ireland, why can't they stay and help build their own nation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You can move to rural Ireland and live there for 30 years and you'll still be called a blow-in

Even if you're from the next county!

They have Irish passports but they won't be locals until they own land in the parish for three generations :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Dem bleeding fordeners coming ere and polluting our stock and taking all our monies......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

No, because one can learn a lot from other countries without permanently living there.

And you think your fellow Irishmen would favor a situation where they could never permanently live anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They do be needing to learn to talk like the locals do be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

I haven't actually seen any fact from any of you either?? Do you personally have the record of every immigrant that say they have paid tax/started a business/contributed/integrated/didn't come here illegally?

I'll continue this 'discussion' when you do.

I was referring to people in general on this thread with name calling.

Yes you have. I have stated in this thread that it is widely excepted in both economic circles and in the business community that immigrants benefit an economy as a result of jobs they create through productivity, capital formation and demand for goods and services.

And of course I don't have the records of every immigrant. But I do know immigrants must go through an elaborate system as outlined here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/becoming_an_irish_citizen_through_naturalisation.html
    Maybe I'm naive but I doubt a majority of immigrants are non con-artists who slipped through the net.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can I say without getting Banned That I for one am sick to Death looking at all these Africans going around dressing like something from Boyz in the Hood!Am I a racist? Who knows but I tell you one thing,It is getting a bit out of control in some areas,I drove through a North Co Dublin town a few weeks back and it was like downtown Lagos.We are going down the UK route were johnny foreigner live together and do not become part of the local community.Ranting now:mad:
    No More I say,4,000 today you say OP,Thats just the legal ones.

Banned.
    not yet wrote: »
    And there you have it, Most of our new citizens are asylum seekers who decided to come here because of our welfare system and ease of access to it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
    not yet wrote: »
    Ha Ha, the same old sh1te rolled out by people who live with there head in the sand.

Banned.
    Skyjock wrote: »
    By your own blinkered and myopic view.:rolleyes:

anyway...i will go back to my own silent protest....which involves, not shopping in outlets where the profit is exported from MY country and 10 percent of it goes to Western Union on the way out....hey there may even be the odd swear at large non national lady drivers performing yet another "kingstown Kurve"....but then again I do that to most idiots on the road.

Racist...if you wish....and froth away to your hearts desire at the thought....but I will NEVER agree to this wholesale open door policy.

"rivers of blood" - they did occur in the uk...they did occur in paris.
    Skyjock wrote: »
    Bit of ASS umption there Andy.

I think this guy was already banned.
    Bambi wrote: »
    youse scruffy PC types could do with a good shower I suppose :p

There comes a tipping point where constant sly digs become a pattern of trolling.

I think it best we leave it at that on this one. We seem to have dug our trenches pretty deep already.

On further review socsocpol also banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement