Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing address.

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Im moving house probably next week we'll be in there, just wondering do i have to ring up to do so or can i do it online? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi LoopyLolly,

Here is the link on our website with information for those moving address. Most important are the first two tabs (moving out/moving in).
    In a nut-shell: if you are moving to a different address and transferring your Electric Ireland account there, a closing meter reading for the address you are vacating is required (take this just when you are leaving, in order to ensure that you are not billed for anything after) and the MPRN (meter point reference number) for the new address is also required, as well as a meter reading for the new address, taken from the point you move in there.
    It is very important too that you communicate if possible to the landlord of your old address, or those taking over occupancy, to contact us to have a new account set up for them, as failure to do this could result in disconnection of the property after three or four weeks of no record of an account for it.

We can help you out here on Boards with the move by private message if you are the named account-holder, but if you are not, then the named account-holder would need to telephone our customer service line (open 8am-8pm Monday to Saturday) or mail the email address on the link at the start of this post (customer service phone number is on the link also).

We also have discount price plans for direct debit/online billing and for Dual Fuel if customers avail of Electric Ireland gas.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Thanks for that will have a look now. Yea im the account-holder,wont be untill next week till were out of here so should i just wait till then? Also its a council house im moving to and the council told me to put my name on the account straight away or the electricty could be disconnected any truth in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem.

Yes, wait until you're moving to start the process, so that there is no overlap in charges.

What the council means is that it is best to ensure there are named account-holders for the electricity as quickly as possible, in order to prevent disconnection. Disconnection would tend not to occur immediately but it could occur soon, depending on how long it takes for the premises to be flagged to ESB Networks' system. So to ensure everything transitions as smoothly as possible, yes, we would recommend carrying out all procedures as soon as you possible can.

But as I said, no need to commence the process until you are moving out/moving in, as the closing/opening meter readings will only apply to you from those points in time anyway.

All the best :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Ok thats grand thanks will get back to you next week then:)

Advertisement