Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baldy

• 30-08-2012 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Do you men look in the mirror to see less hair on our head and worry.

im 33 and lost alot of hair which kicked the bucket from when I was about 21 .

I wish the cure was near :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

wayne rooney found a cure by sowing pubic hair into his scalp, try that op?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I shaved my head at 21, still doing it today at 28. Even if i had the choice, i wouldnt like having hair. It gets a wet shave twice a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I hear cat poo is good for baldness. Give it a go op and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No baldness over here, but I never understood people getting upset over baldness... I never really 'notice' someone is bald, like I would notice, say, that they were missing half their face, or a limb or somethin. It's never very obvious to me. Maybe it's just me.

If you start doing mad sh*t like combing it over, then it can begin to look a bit undignified, but you've always got the option to shave it off, and then you can look cool like Jason Statham or Bruce Willis.

Don't become one of those guys who wears a hat all the time to hide it. That just makes me wonder what's under the hat, and I have to follow you around and wait for you to take it off. Then I'm inevitably disappointed, and you become more self-conscious when you see me staring at that shiny head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Regain is suppose to work.

I to have a full head of hair but opt to shave it. Its such a convenient hairstyle and you can do it yourself so no barber tax needed.

• Advertisement

I've seen less, and less, and less hair in the mirror since I was 25 and I just got the f**k over it and went on with life.

I'm not a man.

I can't sympathise with men and their trauma.
    Ok I can. I just refuse to. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Don't worry OP, I'm sure you're still gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Bald guys are sexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dave! wrote: »
    Don't become one of those guys who wears a hat all the time to hide it. That just makes me wonder what's under the hat, and I have to follow you around and wait for you to take it off.
    I laughed :pac:

Well I don't get what the big deal is anyway. I think if there is significant hair loss then it's probably best to shave the remaining hair off. Some chicks wet themselves if a guy has a shaven head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Very gradually been happening to me over the years. I'm 30 now and it's very noticeable when my hair is down to a blade one but not noticeable when it's any longer. I couldn't give two sh1ts about it.

It really only looks bad when the man starts attempting to conceal it with dyes and re-growth products and the like. That advert with Shane Warne and all the other newly re-follicled cricketers is a great example of how much of a fool you can look by trying to cover it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

shave the head, grow a beard and move on with life, no proper cure will come along anytime soon and women love beards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've shaved my head since I was a teenager, mostly because I think it suits me, and it's easy to manage.

I'll probably go bald; it's all over my father's side of the family, and my hairline isn't what it once was.
    It doesn't bother me though. But then I hope to look like my avatar in about 30 years.
    I can understand many men feeling insecure about losing their hair, but how often do you see a bald man in the street and think "My god, look at that horrible freak!!" Baldness is more common than lots of people seem to think, and as long as you don't let it dent your confidence too much, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm going 'light' on topso I have developed an intricate weave system to make it look like I have thick hair on the top if my head. It involves growing the hair at the back and sides longer and weaving it in a cross cross pattern on top and then taking the longer hair from the back if my head and laying it over the side weaves. Then I can either lay it straight down towards my face for a boyish fringe or sweep it to the side for a more mature sophisticated look. Either way no one ever notices and it only takes about 20min to perfect each morning. How ever I cannot go out in anything strut eater than a string breeze or it becomes undone and I look a bit like a mad scientist which I'm not, I have no scientific qualifications whatsoever.

shave the head, grow a beard and move on with life, no proper cure will come along anytime soon and women love beards :D

THIS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Worse is men wearing a wig,you wouldnt look twice at a bald man,but sure as hell would if hes wearing a wig or toupee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

WIZE wrote: »

Chill - its just a very obvious and impossible to ignore sign that you're day by day getting closer to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomtherobot

I kinda know how the op feels, mine's been thinning and receeding the last few years. Problem is, i've a really big head! Some people can get away with baldness but if you've a freakishly big or odd shaped head a bit of hair really distracts (I hope). I'm grand for the time being don't know what the future holds for me and my giant head....

I kinda know how the op feels, mine's been thinning and receeding the last few years. Problem is, i've a really big head! Some people can get away with baldness but if you've a freakishly big or odd shaped head a bit of hair really distracts (I hope). I'm grand for the time being don't know what the future holds for me and my giant head....

I have an absolutely huge head, but it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

CJC999 wrote: »
    I'm going 'light' on topso I have developed an intricate weave system to make it look like I have thick hair on the top if my head. It involves growing the hair at the back and sides longer and weaving it in a cross cross pattern on top and then taking the longer hair from the back if my head and laying it over the side weaves. Then I can either lay it straight down towards my face for a boyish fringe or sweep it to the side for a more mature sophisticated look. Either way no one ever notices and it only takes about 20min to perfect each morning. How ever I cannot go out in anything strut eater than a string breeze or it becomes undone and I look a bit like a mad scientist which I'm not, I have no scientific qualifications whatsoever.

You can call it whatever you like, but at the end of the day, it's a combover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Strategically placed mirrors, or a tv screen on your forehead that constantly streams a live feed from a camera on the back of your head.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Shaving it looks good if you have a nice shaped head, not if you have a big lumpy dented head, then you need a wig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

phasers wrote: »
    Bald guys are sexy

Bet you're a bald guy.

I dont think a shaved head(wet shave) suits skinny guys, just end up looking sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, its perfectly normal, in fact elderly lads with full heads of hair look like the odd ones to me. Same with auld grannies who insist on dying their hair 100% jet black, like a goth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

CJC999 wrote: »

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/23/donald-trump-talk-show.jpg

Seems legit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm going light on top as well but it's still not that bad. Luckily I'm the position of having a straight talking female friend who will tell me immediately, in no uncertain terms once it begins to look stupid. Then I will shave it off. It's a hard judgement to make yourself because you will probably be a bit biased towards keeping what's left because you've become attached to it.

Melion wrote: »
    I have an absolutely huge head, but it suits me.

Being bald or having an absolutely huge head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I would hate to lose my hair to the point where I would consider a hair transplant or permanently wearing some sort of of peaked cap if it ever happened.

No idea why really, I just know that a shaved head doesn't suit my face. Otherwise, I'm pretty relaxed about personal appearance, but hair loss is something that would bother me. It isn't in my genes as far as I can see, & I hope that is going to count for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

Kitty's reaction!!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Being bald or having an absolutely huge head?

Both :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Good luck to me if I go bald is all I can say! I've the weirdest shaped head ever and my hair hides that. If I go bald I'm fucked :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Abi wrote: »
    Some chicks wet themselves if a guy has a shaven head.

And for others, the hairier the better. Ahem. :o Different strokes, OP, don't fret.

Melion wrote: »
    Both :D

Fair play to ya, i don't think i'll get away with it. Am considering the plugs, not that i want a full head of hair but just enough to cover up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

rubadub wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest, its perfectly normal, in fact elderly lads with full heads of hair look like the odd ones to me. Same with auld grannies who insist on dying their hair 100% jet black, like a goth.

That always makes me laugh, the granny thing, think they look hilarious ! can't help wondering will I end up that way myself , am dark and getting older, already hiding the greys !

Rock on Goth Grannies !

Oh and back to the topic, I think bald men are very attractive !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Dave! wrote: »
    No baldness over here, but I never understood people getting upset over baldness... I never really 'notice' someone is bald, like I would notice, say, that they were missing half their face, or a limb or somethin. It's never very obvious to me. Maybe it's just me.

If you start doing mad sh*t like combing it over, then it can begin to look a bit undignified, but you've always got the option to shave it off, and then you can look cool like Jason Statham or Bruce Willis.

Don't become one of those guys who wears a hat all the time to hide it. That just makes me wonder what's under the hat, and I have to follow you around and wait for you to take it off. Then I'm inevitably disappointed, and you become more self-conscious when you see me staring at that shiny head.

I think you could've answered Eastenders biggest mystery!

Ian's Hat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

WIZE wrote: »

Become a prophet for the lord and you get a free bear to fsck up any little gougers that call you names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Does this happen a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Abi wrote: »
    I laughed :pac:

Well I don't get what the big deal is anyway. I think if there is significant hair loss then it's probably best to shave the remaining hair off. Some chicks wet themselves if a guy has a shaven head.

I bet your a bald guy :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheFruitarian

Kurz wrote: »
    That advert with Shane Warne and all the other newly re-follicled cricketers is a great example of how much of a fool you can look by trying to cover it up.

In fairness, those guys are a very poor example of what's on offer re: hair transplantation these days.

Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt would be good examples of Follicular Unit Extraction which, while seriousily expensive, can be indistinguishable from the real thing, depending on where and who carries out the procedure.

Incidentally, I think Nesbitt (and speaking as a hetro guy) looked far better the way he was.

Some guys can't pull off the shaved head look. but think he actually looked better if anything.

mackg wrote: »
    I'm going light on top as well but it's still not that bad. Luckily I'm the position of having a straight talking female friend who will tell me immediately, in no uncertain terms once it begins to look stupid. Then I will shave it off. It's a hard judgement to make yourself because you will probably be a bit biased towards keeping what's left because you've become attached to it.

I imagine you'd have been fairly "attached" to your hair from the start :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement