Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising Revenues - ratecard ?

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi,

I am building a business plan for a new website and wonder if there is a ready reckoner or ratecard that you can utilise in order to predict advertising revenues ?

Do the agencies use one ?

Can I predict based on my projected demographic ? eg if I was to attract 40 year old males could I confidently predict the revenues by unique visitor etc ?

Any help appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not my forte, but here's my 2 cent worth.....

The Internet is not like other media in that you get paid for results as opposed to just carrying ads. When people click on an ad on your site then the advertiser pays you a click rate.

What the click rate is will depend on what other sites are charging. Call other sites that are chasing the same market as you and find out what they charge.

It may be a case of running with very little revenue for the first couple of years until your site is being visited by a lot of people. Are there other ways you can raise revenue or can you access funding that will keep you going until the site starts paying.

Do a search on this forum for making websites pay. It's been discussed at length and had some very useful info.

Good luck to you!

Advertisement