Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Massage a lá Deise

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Looking for a descendant of the Marquis De Sade to apply a vigorous sports massage. Gentle touch most definitely not appreciated.

Can anyone recommend such an individual in town?

Did a search, only found a couple of two year old threads.

R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Roen wrote: »
    Looking for a descendant of the Marquis De Sade to apply a vigorous sports massage. Gentle touch most definitely not appreciated.

Can anyone recommend such an individual in town?

Did a search, only found a couple of two year old threads.

R.
    James Sullivan uses his elbow like a scalpel hurts but works 0863977522

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deiselad

Nigel O'Connor out in Tramore is excellent. www.nigeloconnor.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Many thanks lads, will look into it and report back.
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Dr. Emil Schaffhausen

He was a psychiatrist though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ciaran Power is very good. Nearly had me crying with the pain sorting out my leg. He works out of above the post office on O'Connell Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Out to Chunky in Kill with ya. He'll sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

deiselad wrote: »
    Nigel O'Connor out in Tramore is excellent. www.nigeloconnor.com

+1 I had really bad neck pain and shoulder for a couple of weeks, had been to the doctors and was given lots of tablets but no relief. After he was recommended to me I went to Nigel and he sorted it in two sessions. I felt beaten up after them but it made some difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

+2 for Nigel very good at what he does. well worth it plus it makes a difference when you have a physio that listens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I've said it before in other threads. Nigel O'Connor is the best around. Most of the physios I've been to don't even listen. You have 30 mins with them and they slap a tens machine and ultrasound on you along with about ten mins of massage. Then they tell you you'll need more sessions. Chunky falls into this category.

You go to Nigel and he'll spend the first 10-15 mins properly diagnosing you. If he thinks your problem is more skeletal than muscular, he'll tell you that and recommend a chiropractor to you rather than waste your time and money. More often than not you'll get 45 mins at least with him. Most of that is deep tissue massage. If he feels you don't need more sessions he'll tell you that. He's there to cure you, not fleece you.

I've been to him many times and have always been sorted out. Can't recommend him enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Dees Sport Therapy in Riverstown business Pk in Tramore .
    One of the best i have been to.... She WILL make you cry with her hammer like elbows and thumbs, and she gets results !
    shes an runner, so she knows the injuries we get !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Hi lads,

Just a bit of feedback and thanks. I went with Nigel in the end, he certainly knows his stuff alright.

Thanks to all who replied.

R.

Advertisement