Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo of a person

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

I got my first tattoo earlier in the summer, and I want to get another before Christmas. I've been going over a few different ideas, and one that I've been thinking about is getting a tattoo taken from a photo of a real person, rather than just a random image. I feel like this could go one of two ways - either it'll turn out really good, or it'll turn out terribly where there's little or no likeness.

Has anyone gone for a tattoo of a face or a figure, and how did it turn out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I haven't got one but I've seen some great ones. They can look really well but as with everything it depends a lot on the artist. You've got to pick someone that does a lot of potraits.

If I was you I'd be looking at Remis as he seems to really excel at stuff like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If you want a portrait go see Remis or Joe Myler. Nobody in Ireland will touch them when it comes to portrait work. If you want to travel then IMO Andy Engel is the best in the world with Den Yakovlev a very very close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Seen some nice ones from JMD in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'll be in Spain for the year, and I was thinking about getting it done there, but I'm not sure about various artists in the country or where to go for it. I might just wait till I'm back for Christmas and get it done here, if these are the artists that people are recommending.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Melion wrote: »
    If you want a portrait go see Remis or Joe Myler. Nobody in Ireland will touch them when it comes to portrait work. If you want to travel then IMO Andy Engel is the best in the world with Den Yakovlev a very very close second.

Have to agree, Andy Engel is absolutely amazing, I just constantly look at his stuff in amazement, if I ever want a portrait I'll be over to Germany :) although portraits aren't really my thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Bob Tyrrell is tattooing in london at the end of september!! his stuff is unbelievable! he is one of the worlds best portrait artists!!
    Here's his gallery on his website:

http://www.bobtyrrell.com/tattoos/index.html

gregers85 wrote: »
    Bob Tyrrell is tattooing in london at the end of september!! his stuff is unbelievable! he is one of the worlds best portrait artists!!
    Here's his gallery on his website:

http://www.bobtyrrell.com/tattoos/index.html

Roman Abrego is at the same convention, IMO the best all around artist in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Melion wrote: »
    Roman Abrego is at the same convention, IMO the best all around artist in the world.

Just checked him out! he is brill all right!!!

gregers85 wrote: »
    Just checked him out! he is brill all right!!!

The first person I'd get tattooed by if money was no object

Advertisement