Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does BOI personally call their customers?

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I just got a call on my mobile from "bank of ireland" asking me for personal details because they wanted to upgrade my account to a 3rd level one. I said I had done that in my local branch and she still persisted that it was "mandatory". I didn't give out any information and hung up but I'm just wondering does BOI actually call customers for any reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Lucario,

From time to time Bank of Ireland may contact it's customers for various reasons. We take the privacy of your account very seriously, and although some verification may be required, we'll never ask for account numbers or confidential information such as PIN's. If you're ever concerned about whether or not the call is genuine, you can ask for the person's name and a contact number for their department so you can call them back.

As always if you ever have any doubt or concern that a call you receive is not genuine, we would advise that you don't give any of your personal details and get a number to contact the person back. If you want to confirm if a phone number or a call is genuine you can check with your branch or contact Banking365 0818 365 365 and a representative can confirm it for you.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement