Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League - Liverpool vs Hearts 30.08.12 KO 8.05pm

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

efb wrote: »
    just turned on sky go to see hearts score!!!

Just turned the match on there to see Liverpool score!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

West Brom in the league cup away, time for revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Soldie wrote: »
    Didi Hamann on Reina: "he dropped a clanger". :pac:

Didi Hamman could call me any name under the sun and I would never fail to be highly amused by his German-Scouse hybrid accent :pac:

Gerrard covered some ground tonight still head and shoulders above that muck out they Allen a close second

Gerrard played well, he's started the season impressively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good Jesus that was dire until the last 10 minutes.
    Suarez with an absolute shocker of a game but scores a vital goal,much like the last game.
    Bit controversial there at the end with the added time.
    Is that the anti-Fergie time tactic Rodgers is using?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Gerrard covered some ground tonight still head and shoulders above that muck out they Allen a close second

Gerrard played well, he's started the season impressively.
    Tonight has been good from gerrard but other than he's been average to poor. Signs of things to come though provided he stays fit

Oh yea and Reina strikes again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

every Goalie makes howlers, but for supposed World Class Goalie he makes way more then he should.

I can imagine the stuff if certain other Goalkeepers made those Reina mistakes.

Gerrard and Allen were very good as others mentioned, Downing deserves credit too, thought he did very well.

every Goalie makes howlers, but for supposed World Class Goalie he makes way more then he should.

He needs to cop on but think of a certain utd keeper that people were writing off after a few howlers. Now he looks decent.

Reina needs decent competition imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If cech had done it, he would be past it. If Hart had done it, overhyped english lemon. De Gea, expensive waste never be world class etc. etc.

Bottom line, all keepers make mistakes. It just so happens that Reina has made alot over the last two seasons.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He needs to cop on but think of a certain utd keeper that people were writing off after a few howlers. Now he looks decent.

Reina needs decent competition imo.
    It's not really comparable.De Gea was arriving into a new country,new league,different style of play and all at 20 years old.
    Reina has been poor a long time now and these howlers are all too regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Suarez' goal was another example of poor keeping as the keeper got his angles all wrong and should have easily stopped that shot.

Goalkeeper is a hard position. You have no margin for error. Think of all the times each outfield players makes a mistake. Atleast twice per player, per match.

Keepers are expected to go a dozen games without an error. It's difficult.

Kirby wrote: »
    Suarez' goal was another example of poor keeping as the keeper got his angles all wrong and should have easily stopped that shot.

Goalkeeper is a hard position. You have no margin for error. Think of all the times each outfield players makes a mistake. Atleast twice per player, per match.

Your right and the best 2 I have ever seen Schmeichel and Buffon made some right funny howlers, but for me personally I have and said it here that I never really got the Reina love that lot people seem to have had for him in the past.

just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who was the co commenatator tonight on Setanta??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kirby wrote: »

In a 90 minute football match, keepers have significantly less capacity for error than an outfield player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

CSF wrote: »
    In a 90 minute football match, keepers have significantly less capacity for error than an outfield player.

All about concentration.

It's becoming a little too common, for want of a better word, for Pepe Reina. I think people are right in saying he needs competition because he seems too comfortable.

Nevertheless these type of matches are for winning, not performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who was the co commenatator tonight on Setanta??

David Speedie and he was fking awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gerrard and Allen were very good as others mentioned, Downing deserves credit too, thought he did very well.
    Downing did well, but it's important not to get too carried away about his new position. The likes of Hearts were always going to struggle to expose one of our full-backs, so the real test will come when he faces semi-decent Premier League opposition. Nevertheless, I hope it works out.

Think people are also being too harsh on Suarez. While he has missed a lot of chances, people seem to ignore his incredible work rate and his ability to often carve chances out of nothing. His stats this season show out of the 4 games he has played, he has scored 2 goals and assisted for 2. If that his supposed to be him playing poorly, I can't wait to see what he does when he hits form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Your right and the best 2 I have ever seen Schmeichel and Buffon made some right funny howlers, but for me personally I have and said it here that I never really got the Reina love that lot people seem to have had for him in the past.

just my 2c.

you need to be a decent keeper to win the golden gloves 3 years in a row, reina was a fantastic keeper between 2005 and 2009, anybody arguing that should watch his display against liege in 2008, single handed made sure liverpool qualified for champions league that year

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you need to be a decent keeper to win the golden gloves 3 years in a row, reina was a fantastic keeper between 2005 and 2009, anybody arguing that should watch his display against liege in 2008, single handed made sure liverpool qualified for champions league that year

you also need good defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rossie1977 wrote: »

Correct. Problem is his entire body of work is less than premiership average since then. He hasn't been one of the 10 best goalkeepers in the league for a while now, yet you have Liverpool fans describing him as World Class.

Advertisement