Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet rates on 3 Prepay

Options
  • 30-08-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Recently signed up to 3 to avail of their €20/month deal. The month was up, so I figured I would make do with the existing credit before topping up again. Around a week later, I got a text saying that €10 had been used on data. I genuinely didn't use that much, maybe accessed Facebook a few times but was trying to be sparing.
    Has anyone else been surprised by these ridiculous data rates? I expected better of 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They have to get you some how...., it encourages giving them the €20 every month
    Internet Browsing (Rates are shown per MB but billed per KB)
    Internet Browsing €1.01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Davy wrote: »
    They have to get you some how...., it encourages giving them the €20 every month
    Internet Browsing (Rates are shown per MB but billed per KB)
    Internet Browsing €1.01

This sounds about right as I got stung for €11 once for ohh maybe ten minutes on YouTube when I thought I was connected via wifi, certainly makes you check twice, hasn't happened since, but then this morning I made a half hour call to Dublin that swallowed up €10 credit, the funny thing being that using gocall.ie while the person was in New York last week, for the same half hour call, would've only set me back 60c! But then we'd normally use skype with the AYCE data for that. Again- its just a case of being aware and not getting caught like that again, but Three's out of bundle charges are no more "extortionate" than any of the other networks!

At least they didn't use the excuse that another mobile service provider used a couple of months ago as a justification for what really WAS an extortionate price hike-

"Well the Irish like to talk more than their European counterparts..."

People using their mobile phones to make phone calls shocker! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

You should be able to buy a 500mb add on for 4.99 with your credit after your 30 days expires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

cc wrote: »
    You should be able to buy a 500mb add on for 4.99 with your credit after your 30 days expires

Bit of a false economy that one though- €5 for 500mb data, or for an extra €15 you get 15gb data, plus all the other numerous benefits! I'd be a heavy mobile data user myself, but I don't think even as hard as I've pushed it, I've ever come near the 15gb limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

This does make sense, but you still can't help feeling a bit cheated by how fast your credit is being pissed away!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement