Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a camelbak

Options
  • 30-08-2012 6:36pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So got one of these a few weeks back:

417s-iGh%2BcL._AA300_.jpg

Problem is I'm not too sure whats the best way of cleaning it, anyone have any suggestions?

I don't have the cleaning kit for it you can buy,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Was lost on this one too. Best to clean it after and before use.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Great, thanks...it started to taste a little odd during my last long run with it so wanted to clean it before Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

"Wire brush and Dettol mam"( Billy Connolly):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Cabaal wrote: »
    Great, thanks...it started to taste a little odd during my last long run with it so wanted to clean it before Sunday :)
    I got one recently and have been giving it a good rinse, removing the bit valve and throwing it in the freezer. It stops bacteria growing and no funny taste yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I use Milton sterilising fluid. It's supposed to be tasteless, but I add some orange cordial just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I use Milton sterilising fluid. It's supposed to be tasteless, but I add some orange cordial just in case

+1 Milton. You need to wash it out with water afterwards when you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I just use milton a few times a year in mine. Apart from that if I haven't used it in more than a few days, it gets a rinse as part of filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

+1 for milton
    Tend to leave mine full of the solution over night and rinse then.
    I use the hose to keep the bag open and stuff it with kitchen paper to soak the last of the water.
    I picked up a second "hilly"2ltr bladder for 15 euro in the local sports shop, which was a great find.

Advertisement