Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS eligibility with a degree?

Options
  • 30-08-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

I know it's a bit late on this front but just wanted to ask about eligibility for the VTOS scheme. I am over 21, have been receiving JSA for 2 years and hope to be attending a 1 year FETAC Level 5 this year.

What I want to ask is does having a level 8 degree already disqualify me? I know if does disqualify me for BTEA purposes but I can't find anything in the VTOS guidlines about it (the rule about this for BTEA is buried in the Operational Guidelines) or if anyone has info on it let me know. All I know is that VTOS only lasts two years but this is just a 1 year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

I know it's a bit late on this front but just wanted to ask about eligibility for the VTOS scheme. I am over 21, have been receiving JSA for 2 years and hope to be attending a 1 year FETAC Level 5 this year.

What I want to ask is does having a level 8 degree already disqualify me? I know if does disqualify me for BTEA purposes but I can't find anything in the VTOS guidlines about it (the rule about this for BTEA is buried in the Operational Guidelines) or if anyone has info on it let me know. All I know is that VTOS only lasts two years but this is just a 1 year.

Hey - in the same position actually - it won't disqualify you, but it will send you to the bottom of the list, and places are usually very limited . But definitely apply anyway - you've nothing to lose!!

Advertisement