Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Greenlight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

some interesting ones there
    Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land looks retrotastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Crosáidí wrote: »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92652185

This, is it? A nice topic topic to pick and it will be interesting to see how a full Irish translation of the game turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm trying to vote or whatever for it, but not logging onto a steam webpage, just by using my normal STEAM

1 problem, is Kú , when you use search , it says "3 characters minimum"

So that doesn't help me find it at all :(

I've actually looked through the 13 pages to find it (Page 8, Upvoted) , DID see some kid chancing his arm at FIFA13 ?!!?! ....god loves a chancer (already been banned lol :P )
    And Towing Simulator ?!
    Somebody also popped up a Slender Man copy

How are they going to regulate this, they seem to just be letting anything in at the moment, which is bad. By next week there will be 100's , and noone will bother looking through more than a few pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

this was another chap, chancing his arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Everyone needs to vote up Towing Simulator for the laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 FirewaterSun

Hi guys, I'm one of the people working on the Kú game with bitSmith Games - just wanted to pop in to say thanks a mill for all the support!

Our page is at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92652185

There's also another Irish game dev in the Greenlight, their game is called P3 Biotic http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92921172
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm trying to vote or whatever for it, but not logging onto a steam webpage, just by using my normal STEAM

1 problem, is Kú , when you use search , it says "3 characters minimum"

So that doesn't help me find it at all :(

I've actually looked through the 13 pages to find it (Page 8, Upvoted) , DID see some kid chancing his arm at FIFA13 ?!!?! ....god loves a chancer (already been banned lol :P )
    And Towing Simulator ?!
    Somebody also popped up a Slender Man copy

How are they going to regulate this, they seem to just be letting anything in at the moment, which is bad. By next week there will be 100's , and noone will bother looking through more than a few pages.

Dude, thanks so much for going looking for us, that's much appreciated! It seems to be that Steam for some reason will allow single character searches in their Store, but not here! We've contacted them and are waiting on a response, but we might have to elongate the title of the game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

you can filter by PC, Adventure game to make it a bit easier to find. I'll reccomend that other irish one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Hi guys, I'm one of the people working on the Kú game with bitSmith Games - just wanted to pop in to say thanks a mill for all the support!

rated it there. good luck with the dev.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the upvotes!

for now we have changed the name to Kú: Episode 1, so it should be much easier to find now, and we've put up a gameplay video too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Following up on the rather interesting article on Gamastura last Friday, which highlighted a few issues I have with the system, Valve have just announced that future submissions to the service will incur a $100 fee which will then be donated to Child's Play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And public voting is failing yet again. It's really distressing to see something genuinely brilliant and finished like La-Mulana get 1% votes while a terrible slenderman knock-off that's probably never going to be finished has 20% already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

"Seduce Me" game taken down from greenlight, haha. I wonder if they would have gotten their $100 if they had paid it in.

http://kotaku.com/5940306/sex-game-pulled-from-steam-greenlight-you-can-guess-why

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And public voting is failing yet again. It's really distressing to see something genuinely brilliant and finished like La-Mulana get 1% votes while a terrible slenderman knock-off that's probably never going to be finished has 20% already :(

There definitely seem to be cases of very nice games which should definitely be on Steam looking like they may not be. It's a little difficult for Valve to gauge, I guess, since the market for certain games is exponentially smaller than others, and they're all being judged by the same system as of now.

I do hope that the final ratings requirements does not hinge on some sort of average based on the ratings on right now. The last time a list was available of all the games and their ratings, the divide between the top few performers and the majority of the rest of the pack was huge. (Can't access this information anymore since the Greenlight changes of last night)

Discoverability seems to be even more difficult now, as you only see 12 games at one time that some are saying are tailored to your game taste. I've refreshed a few times and not seen anything that I liked, but this system is brand new. You can customise it, which significantly improves matters, but it does still make it difficult to find something in particular.

I'm still confident that Valve will get this thing working right. I'm seriously impressed at how well everything's working, considering what they're trying to accomplish. I think this will get better and better until its a good balance of developer discoverability to user accessability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And this is why the public really shouldn't be let near this feature.

What I do hope happens though is that those gamers who would typically only buy titles digitally on Steam see games they want on Greenlight which are still to be approved and look elsewhere for them. At least then they may either stumble across the likes of Desura and IndieCity or even the games themselves available elsewhere and hopefully realise there are other sources for excellent titles.

Of course judging by some of the existing reactions to Greenlight and those aimed at the introduction of the $100 fee, I won't hold my breath. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's some really rough looking games on there that I'd never vote for but this one was so stupid I had to vote yes:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92922021&searchtext=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Monotype wrote: »
    "Seduce Me" game taken down from greenlight, haha. I wonder if they would have gotten their $100 if they had paid it in.

http://kotaku.com/5940306/sex-game-pulled-from-steam-greenlight-you-can-guess-why

I never understand this. I have no interest in playing it but if violence is ok because adults play video games then why is sex such a taboo in gaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Towns Steam Key is available for those who bought the indie royale alpha bundle back in february

http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They have Deadly Premonition available to vote/register interest for. Link in sig.

Could people vote for Gray Matter as well. Been dying to play that game.

Could people vote for Gray Matter as well. Been dying to play that game.
    Just did.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94505580

• Advertisement

So, I've (temporarily) resurfaced from playing Civilization 5. Preordered Tales of Xillia. The next port of call was to check out the Deadly Premonition greenlight status. This news is nearly a week old, but news to me and maybe others. It got through the greenlight thing. Now it is just a matter of when it'll be released. I think everyone knew with the following it has it was always going to get through, the question was when.

Edit: Just saw ETA Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Advertisement