Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home network streaming issue

• 30-08-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a HTPC with OS (W7) on a SSD and an internal 2TB drive for media storage under my TV connected by ethernet to my wireless router (WNDR3700) I also have a WD 2TB external drive plugged into the USB port of this router acting as NAS.

Now whenever I stream over the home network to any other PC/laptop from the 'NAS' it works fine (HD can be choppy) but whenever I try to stream from the drive in the HTPC it barely plays at all (HD or SD), as in the file will load and then won't play, will sometimes get a few seconds before stopping again!

I thought it may be a wireless thing but even over ethernet I have the same issue.

Has anyone any idea where the bottleneck could be or what could be causing this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Figured this one out so may as well share for posterity. The lesson I learned is always check that you have the latest drivers! My HTPC has a Realtek NIC with known issues and updating this driver to the latest sorted out my issue.

Advertisement