Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A friend of a friend, not me, I swear.. :/

• 30-08-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

A "friend of a friend" complains of getting diarrhoea each time he drinks alcohol. I don't mean after a night of it, but almost immediately after taking the first drink. Is that normal. Or does this "friend of a friend" have something wrong with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

He/you has/have the AID!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dchris wrote: »
    A "friend of a friend" complains of getting diarrhoea each time he drinks alcohol. I don't mean after a night of it, but almost immediately after taking the first drink. Is that normal. Or does this "friend of a friend" have something wrong with them?

Maybe it runs in his jeans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Definitely AIDS. AIDS or leprosy ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Does he drink Bulmers pear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

What's the problem? You've got an empty glass haven't you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Bulmers Pear?
    Damn you Oranage2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They sell adult nappies you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

That would be a definite Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

tell them to have a good feed before hitting the pints, problem sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m4gpul

After Hours? Really? Of all the health subforums out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

haha quality! No he manages to make it to the jax! It actually isn't me, but trips to the pub with him on a Wednesday have been pretty crap lol He won't go any where that doesn't have " good facilities" He's a real pain in the arse ...

He drinks lager. I think he drinks a lot though, more than he tells me. I go out with him 1 day a week.

In all seriousness I was worried it could be a sign of being an alcoholic .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

All alcohol or just beer?

m4gpul wrote: »
    Yes maybe it should be moved.. I don't really get the swing of things on here. Each time I post something it gets moved..

All alcohol or just beer?

All alcohol. He drinks wine sometimes if we go out for dinner. Am maybe 30% worried 70% intrigued as to why it happens. Maybe it is normal, but never happened to me. You thinking some kind of intolerance? I had thought that, but it is only the last year or so I recall him bringing it up, we been drinking together for about 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Perfectly normal. That's why everyone goes to the toilet quite often after "breaking the seal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Irritable bowel syndrome, bowel cancer, take your pick.

testicle wrote: »
    Perfectly normal. That's why everyone goes to the toilet quite often after "breaking the seal"

I must be lucky then. I only have to slash when I'm out. But I am a bit of a clean freak, so loo's I haven't cleaned myself don't get used ... Too much information I am sure.. But sure we are all friends here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You should go to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

So thats what the D stands for in your username!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

bull**** liquid cant go through your system that fast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

OP I wrote a song about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Tell him to go to his GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

My friend needs to go toilet before we've finished our first beer every time we drink without fail, alcohol is a laxative to some people, coffee is another.
    On the other hand caffiene is a diuretic, people are complex creatures.
    Once you don't have cancer you'll be fine, but, will probably need nappies if you make it to 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Would he not just stop drinking? I love a drink but if it gave me diarrhea every time I'd definitely quit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

He drinks Bulmers Pear or Guinness.

Maybe its already in his bowels but the liquid (alcohol) triggers the symptons?

Pretty shítty predicament either way.

Confab wrote: »
    He drinks Bulmers Pear or Guinness.

Heineken usually mate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

haha quality! No he manages to make it to the jax! It actually isn't me, but trips to the pub with him on a Wednesday have been pretty crap lol He won't go any where that doesn't have " good facilities" He's a real pain in the arse ...

He drinks lager. I think he drinks a lot though, more than he tells me. I go out with him 1 day a week.

:D:D:cool:

Would he not just stop drinking? I love a drink but if it gave me diarrhea every time I'd definitely quit!

After the first one or two he is grand. it is just the initial pint or two, he is off with the squints. it aint for the whole night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ghandee wrote: »
    Maybe its already in his bowels but the liquid (alcohol) triggers the symptons?

Pretty shítty predicament either way.

More ways than one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

After the first one or two he is grand. it is just the initial pint or two, he is off with the squints. it aint for the whole night

He should probably eat more fibre before he goes out so. I dunno though, hate to be him :pac:

I don't think it is the liquid going through him. I am presume the initial intake of alcohol is causing some kind of adverse reaction in his system and gives him diarrhoea and then it sorts itself out..

He should probably eat more fibre before he goes out so. I dunno though, hate to be him :pac:

Maybe that is it, maybe he doesn't eat before going out.. I will ask him next time. I am just very inquisitive and wonder why things happen. I know it's a odd subject, but if it was me I'd defo want to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

simple solution, go get a full set of bloods done at the doctors, the results will include liver function, kidney function, thyroid etc. they will be able to tell your friend if everything is ok in the renal dept. Maybe he should do this sometime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Kat1170

All alcohol. He drinks wine sometimes if we go out for dinner. Am maybe 30% worried 70% intrigued as to why it happens. Maybe it is normal, but never happened to me. You thinking some kind of intolerance? I had thought that, but it is only the last year or so I recall him bringing it up, we been drinking together for about 10 years.

Jaysus, thats some sick shit:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

You've clearly never tried diet coke, so full of aspartame that it's a more effective laxative than clean prep!

Whatever about alcohol intake leaving you three sheets to the wind, diet coke can leave you reeling like you've three cheeks to the toilet bowl in the space of ten minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Tell him to work it out with a pencil

You've clearly never tried diet coke, so full of aspartame that it's a more effective laxative than clean prep!

Whatever about alcohol intake leaving you three sheets to the wind, diet coke can leave you reeling like you've three cheeks to the toilet bowl in the space of ten minutes!

I was in a Shop one lunch time buying a sambo and asked for a bottle of coke zero or diet coke, cant remember exactly, but suddenly a South African fella who was in the queue behind me started to lecture me about Aspartame!

I'd never heard of it before then, but he proceeded to harp on for a few minutes as to how I would be better to drink the full sugar coike, as the diet stuff was full of aspartame it would cause cancer and blah blah blah .......

In the end up his wife had to tell him to shut it, and i began to see death by aspartame a kinder death than him fcuking trying to bore me to it!

Incidentally, I drink coke zero because I like it! Fcuk what sugar is in the other stuff, I prefer the Zero kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Jaysus, thats some sick shit:D

Come on now, put a cork in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

could be coeliac?
    Try cider, spirits and wine instead of beer / stout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Ghandee wrote: »

I was in a Shop one lunch time buying a sambo and asked for a bottle of coke zero or diet coke, cant remember exactly, but suddenly a South African fella who was in the queue behind me started to lecture me about Aspartame!

I'd never heard of it before then, but he proceeded to harp on for a few minutes as to how I would be better to drink the full sugar coike, as the diet stuff was full of aspartame it would cause cancer and blah blah blah .......

In the end up his wife had to tell him to shut it, and i began to see death by aspartame a kinder death than him fcuking trying to bore me to it!

Incidentally, I drink coke zero because I like it! Fcuk what sugar is in the other stuff, I prefer the Zero kind!

Should've just told him blow it out the other end! All that is mythical debunked nonsense about the cancerous risks, etc, but they use splenda now in coke zero and its not as viscous as the diet coke. I think the irony of calling it diet coke has less to do with sugar content than the fact it leaves you with a colon clean as a windsock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^I like the word windsock... sounds kinda funny... :pac:

I don't think it needs working out :D It comes out almost involuntary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

m4gpul wrote: »
    He knew he would get the best advice here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Two heaped tablespoons of Bisto, and a butt plug should keep it under control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 notinmyname

^I like the word windsock... sounds kinda funny... :pac:

Is their a moderator with that name around here somewere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Very possibly, I've heard it happen to alcoholics, but long term alcholoics. I also know people with IBS, that when the drink their stomachs in bits afterwards. Very possible he is allergic to something in the lager he drink. Get him to see a GP because it isn't normal, and he needs to get it checked out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Joke makes no sense in this context

Advertisement