Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorbike service in cork

• 30-08-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey guys,
    anyone recommend a good place in Cork/Waterford to get a bike (Yamaha Fazer) service? or equally anywhere to avoid :eek:
    cheers,
    eamonn

Comments

I'd recommend Lee motorcycles in Cork. I don't take my bike anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'd recommend Lee motorcycles in Cork. I don't take my bike anywhere else.

What he said! ^^^ Lee's have a pretty decent reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I use Southern Racing just off the entrance to Midleton. I'd have nothing but good things to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 goffboy

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to check one of them out and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

You could try
    CB Motorcycles, Douglas St.
    Declan Swanton, Togher\Pouladuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Few questions, but I don't see a point in starting my own thread.

Where's the best place in Cork to get a new Back tyre and get it fitted?

How much (roughly) would it cost?

I know technically I probably should do both, but there is no visible wear on the front tyre it looks brand new, would it be safe enough to get just the back done?

I think that's all I need to know, hopefully someone will have an answer for me :) Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Of course you can get just the one replaced. I fly through back tyres haha,well not as much anymore because Im poor but yeah :):)
    The price really depends on what tyre you go for really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah totally fine getting just the one tyre done, just keep an eye on the front that its not too bad as you will get away with it in the summer with the dry roads but dont take the chance in the winter with a tyre especially the front.

Also try and get the best tyre for the wet seen as its the season we are in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah yeah, the front is in great condition, the back probably had a lot of straight miles under it before I got it.

I got quoted €130 for the back by Lee Honda putting on a Metzeler Tourance. Is that a good price. Having looked up the tyre it's apparently a good all rounder so if the price is par for the course I'll be doing that :)

Sorry for all the questions, first bike but this doesn't fit in learner. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I've been happy with many pairs of Tourance
    There are two types "regular" and EXP. EXP supposedly grippier but don't last as long and a little more EXPensive. I've not tried them.

I'd also recommend replacing the valve I like to have the rear wheel balanced too but it seems Cork 'bike shops think this eccentric carry-on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 BikerTech

In relation to the origianl question of getting a bike (of any type) serviced in Cork City, I would recommend GMC Motorcycles on the Tramore Road ( Near Stefain Naofa College).
    I have bought 2 bikes from here and not one bit of trouble and had all my servicing done there in the last 2 years.( very reasonable )
    Proper bike shop,a place where ya can pop out for a chat to talk bikes or discuss issues relating too.
    Not like some other shops where if your not buying something,you dont really have much business there.
    I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Advertisement