Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delonghi-ESAM4500-Automatic-Machine-Magnifica

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

That looks like a pretty good price. I was thinking of a delonghi but went for a Melitta in the end from amazon.de. But at that price it seems like a pretty good offer. Havn't tasted coffee from that machine before but I can tell you that the Melitta Caffeo Ci is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Wow, the melitta looks like a class machine, glad your getting on weel with this.
    I had a baby gaggia up to now and was thinking of the gaggia brera but saw this one in BT Cork for €600 and thought the milk attachment was great.
    Mind if I ask how you got amazon.de to deliver to you. I tried to but off them before but they wouldn't deliver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Wow, the melitta looks like a class machine, glad your getting on weel with this.
    I had a baby gaggia up to now and was thinking of the gaggia brera but saw this one in BT Cork for €600 and thought the milk attachment was great.
    Mind if I ask how you got amazon.de to deliver to you. I tried to but off them before but they wouldn't deliver :(

Had no problem with amazon.de. They just delivered it. They used dhl in germany and the an post took over once the package arrived in ireland. Took less than a week for delivery. Ordered on a thurs and it arrived the following wed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

if your looking for an automatic you should do some research as there is a lot of choice out there. check out the jura machines and the miele cm5100 particularly. the design is more modern looking than the melitta which would make me wonder if they are better designed internally also being swiss and german made.
    i have the miele cm5100 and would recommend it, it makes great coffee consistantly. one of the selling points for me was the reliability, miele say it should make 50000 cups with out a problem. i have it a year and its made 8000 coffees already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of the neat things about the Melitta is that milk and coffee come out of the same spouts (even for 2 cups at a time).

So, no re-positioning of cups ...just press your button and walk away (great when the morning rush is on !). When you come back your cappuchino or latte machiato is ready to take away ...unplug the milk tube, put it into the drip tray, press "easy clean" and your milk unit is cleaned and sterilised with steam for the next use.

Total time spent interacting with the machine ...under 30 seconds :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up!
    The models you both mentioned are beautiful machines but unfortunately are almost twice the price of the de longhi (where I looked anyhow);
    the miele cm5100 is about €900
    the Melitta Caffeo Ci is about €850
    I agree with peasent about the Melitta Caffeo Ci, the de longhi does this too.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know my decision when it's finally made:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Did you go ahead with the purchase ?

I was looking at this one for €559 today. Very tempting.

No, I really love the look of the other two machines the other posters mentioned so thats thrown me for another while. It's a big difference in money though.................. will choose soon..;)

Just checked my link in OP and it's gone up to 599, was definitely about 529 when I originally posted. where did you see it for 559?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 R3laX

Bought it, took 4 days to deliver, so far so good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have a previous Magnifica (without the milk container) and I find it very good. Its very handy that every part including grinder is available as a spare as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ended up paying €599 as the other place had sold out.

Only criticism I would have is the temperature, especially on lattes ,could be better.

Everything else is 10/10.

Advertisement