Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermarket pump ?

Options
  • 30-08-2012 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Anybody able to recommend an aftermarket pump for the Juwel Rekord 60 as I get the feeling that the pump supplied isn't sufficient enough anymore.

Budget €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

This one:

http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/store/product/4575/Eheim-2403-Aquaball-180/

Eheim is a good brand. Will be a bit bigger than your current filter (i have the same tank).

Rather than change the pump on your current filter, just change the whole thing.

When changing the filters from one to the other, have them both running in the tank for a week or so, to allow the new filter to build up a bacteria colony before you remove the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Thanks for that, was thinking of just removing the black box that the filter and heater is housed in and going with the under gravel option. This is what has being recommended to me by a number of people. Only thing is if its really worth it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Under gravel filters went out with the Ford Cortina. They may have been referring to an external filter which sits in the cabinet of your tank. These are the best option. Stick to Eheim or JBL for these. Avoid Fluval, Aqua One and Tetratec.

Advertisement