Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood turning in waterford

Options
  • 30-08-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend wants to give it ago. Does anyone know if there are any classes for it in the waterford area

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

http://www.southeastwoodturners.com/

Try get in contact with the secretary of this Chapter. They should point you in the right direction. Glenn Lucas is in Carlow if you could travel that far. I would highly recommend him. Any lessons are going to be expensive. See if your local Vocational School has any evening classes. I took lessons in a V.S in Newbridge with Emmett Kane when I started along with a bowl turning course with Glenn.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

If she decides to take it up and get a lathe to use at home, join the local Chapter. The members will be only too happy to help out beginners and will give loads of good advice on tool selection and what would be a good lathe to get. There are a couple of lathes I would steer clear of. I am Secretary of the Midlands Chapter, if you need any other help or advice your more than welcome to give me a shout. Just send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

anybody got any detail of wood turning courses in waterford or wexford

Advertisement