Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stihl radio headphones

Options
  • 30-08-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

recently I dropped my stihl radio head phones the ear pads came away (they are replaceable) and the lead from the recharge socket got disconnected and I am not sure which pins to connect it to. There are 5 pins which give a total of 3 connection positions as the plug has 3 pins please see attached photo I would appreciate it if any one could tell me the connection position either to the left tight to the red battery connection(looking down on battery) or center or to the right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I'd throw them into the compost bin meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

Hi op
    What is the other end connected too ?

Can you post more pics & maybe someone could figure it out, i.e. What is the other end of the 5 pins & what is the other end of the wire.
    Can you see any dirt on 2 pins, it would usually mean nothing connected.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And then maybe post in one of the electronics forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

I won't find it then, electronics is the day job, I'll be fecked if I am doing it on my time, that's for anoraks

The equipment is for gardening etc

A

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

Askim wrote: »
    Hi op
    What is the other end connected too ?

Can you post more pics & maybe someone could figure it out, i.e. What is the other end of the 5 pins & what is the other end of the wire.
    Can you see any dirt on 2 pins, it would usually mean nothing connected.

A

Thanks for your reply only just got in had a look at the pins 4 of them appear to have marks on them starting at the 3 pin in from the side the battery plug is connected to. the other end of the wire is soldered to the recharge socket
    the pins are connected to the circuit board which has surface mount components there are no labels on the board to identify the components But the 3 pin from the left is connected to the negative plane on the back of the board also the 6th pin is like wise connected.both the blue and the black wire on the plug are shorted together when the recharge plug is connected to the socket and these are negative the red is positive
    cannot seem to upload more pics it comes back service unavailable will try tomorrow
    again thanks for your reply
    almost forgot there is a component connected to the positive battery the number on this reads ft321 stg least think it is an f very hard to make out

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    And then maybe post in one of the electronics forums!

I thought that some one may have a set of these head phones And be able to check the plug position it is easy to remove the ear pads if you have a very fine flat head screw driver they just prise off and clip back (meant to be replaceable)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

What model is it? Its not this one because batteries are included (not rechargeable). Better photos would also be helpful.

$(KGrHqV,!hcE7VK6Dh9NBO+fVdEpNQ~~60_57.JPG

If the three wire connector goes to a jack plug socket, it is probably wired as per left hand image.

37_1319228798.gif

One wire goes to ground and the battery connects to another terminal. When you plug in the charger, it physically breaks the battery connection to the radio and puts the charge voltage across the battery. I assume the battery connections are the + & -

example
    Jack-plug--socket-switch.jpg

thanks for your reply nonmonotonic the connection that has came away is the plug connection to the circuit board the wires are still connected to the jack socket. please see photo 2012-09-03 23.48.16.jpg it shows jack and plug disconnected both black and blue wire are connected together in the jack socket dose not break connection between them when you insert jack plug. I dont remembet the model there is a sticker with EPS sn v2 02098-04-23 and also stihl fm/ukwstrereo radio is printed on the casing
    these are the older models
    I have included more pics sorry the quality is not great but my camera is gone faulty so i took them on the phone

and thanks again
    ps I also contacted stihl but they told me I should bring them to local dealer and contact their tech department local stockist does not have a tech department

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

I would have assumed that the black wire is the negative, the red is the positive and the blue is the switched ( by charger jack plug ) part.

You just need to find where the red and black wires go. Do this putting one probe of your meter on the black connector (-) of the battery and check for zero resistance on the 5 available pins ( you might get several ). Do the same with the red connector (+) on the battery ( in this case there should be only one pin @ zero resistance ). From this information you will know how to position the 3 pin connector.

Advertisement