Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 PS3 online league interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

To get ppl you should sift through the stickied ps3 thread and pm anyone that was looking to play last year and see if they are getting m13

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will stick this for you lot, hopefully it gets going.. if not buy a xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I might be interested depending on what type of league it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hashtag ThugLife

what is a sticky?haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I might be interested depending on what type of league it is.

It's a online franchise mode league - every player picks a team and plays out their schedule against the AI or human players if the other team is controlled by another human player - game week advances twice a week give or take. If you've played franchise mode before offline it's basically the same except online vs human players.
    what is a sticky?haha

Means it'll always be "stuck" at the top of the forum so it doesn't get pushed down to page 2 or page 3 due to people posting in other threads.

I'd be up for joining if there's a good few players signing up - enjoyed the couple of weeks that last year's league lasted for - hopefully this year round with people signing up from the very start it'll be a much bigger success and hopefully we can get a couple of seasons in over the course of the year :)

yea seems to be decent enough interest so far. Couple of seasons would be great. I'd say we wait a week or so after the game has been released to set up the league, just to give people a chance to get into the swing of the game? who'll be commish?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

count me in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

this is the first madden game I've played since that one that came with the NHL game back on the megadrive, and I can safely say I've NO idea what I'm at!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Definitely interested .. must get a copy of the game first though! :D (hoping to solve that particular issue this evening)

Time to get some practice in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Otto Skadelig

I'd like to join! How would teams be picked?

I'd like to join! How would teams be picked?

It's usually a fantasy draft - so you just pick any team that you like the jersey or stadium off or whatever and them players are all randomly assigned so it evens all the teams out. This usually makes pretty balanced teams so works pretty well.

I wasn't around for the start of last season so not 100% on whether it's completely automated or do we get to be involved in the drafting - I'd imagine it's automated or else it could go on for hours and hours on end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    It's usually a fantasy draft - so you just pick any team that you like the jersey or stadium off or whatever and them players are all randomly assigned so it evens all the teams out. This usually makes pretty balanced teams so works pretty well.

I wasn't around for the start of last season so not 100% on whether it's completely automated or do we get to be involved in the drafting - I'd imagine it's automated or else it could go on for hours and hours on end :o

There is no fantasy draft in this years game. So you have to draft actual teams.

Right by the looks of things we have about 8 or 9 ATM. I'd say 12 would be grand enough but it could still work with 10. I'm still yet to get the game but should have it soon enough. Is there anyone who has done this before and wants to be commissioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a bit of a mix up. Was supposed to get Madden for the Xbox but got it for PS3 instead so yes, I'd be interested in joining a league.

That_Guy2799 is my PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I wanted to do it last year but there was a grand total of 5 interested with ps3.

Good to see a lot more this year:-)

Count me in! But only if I get to play for the steelers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I'm up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Right men, counted it there and looks like we have about 12 people interested which is pretty solid. I'm getting the game tomorrow so I'll be Commish if no one else minds. When does everyone want to start this league? Not a clue how we'll decide who'll be which team but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Post as many suggestions here, want to get feedback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Im not a big fan of NFL but I love playing the games, I think ill take the vikings if thats ok? Have family in Minnesota :P
    Right no worries. Sure we'll do it this way, write on here what team you want to be and whoever writes back first gets that team. You get the vikes! I'll take the Saints. Everyone else get picking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Dibs on Ravens. Using them so far and most comfortable with them. Or if someone else really wants them I'll take the Bengals.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

I'd go for the Titans.

Just something that was brought up before, how do we (or do we want to) maximise Player v Player games. Last year we were limited to NFC teams and the plan was the NFC Championship would become the big prize.

Though that was when we could fantasy draft and the actual team you picked wasn't as important :(

I wonder should we set up a Madden Community just to make sure we get something going?

I'd go for the Titans.

Just something that was brought up before, how do we (or do we want to) maximise Player v Player games. Last year we were limited to NFC teams and the plan was the NFC Championship would become the big prize.

Though that was when we could fantasy draft and the actual team you picked wasn't as important :(

I wonder should we set up a Madden Community just to make sure we get something going?

I was thinking the same, but not everyone would want to pick NFC I'd say?! what will the community do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just suggestion is to play just AFC or NFC. I may be able to get another two. Il know tomorrow.

I would also suggest not to play until the new rosters are out next week.

Better communication is needed. If you cant play put your coach in auto pilot or let the commish know so he can boot you and let us move the league on.

I dont mind what team I am. I wouldn't mind the Chargers.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Just suggestion is to play just AFC or NFC. I may be able to get another two. Il know tomorrow.

I would also suggest not to play until the new rosters are out next week.

Better communication is needed. If you cant play I think is fine but put your coach in auto pilot or let the commish know so he can boot you and let us move the league on.

I dont mind what team I am. I wouldn't mind the Chargers.

Right, well I don't care which conference. I could PM all people who have expressed interest to see which conference everyone wants.? yea that's grand. right I'll get PMing!

Picked up the game there this evening anyways - count me officially in

Add me anyways on PSN. Sgt_RedMustard

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Can ya throw me down for the league as well? Gonna get the game tomorrow.

If we're going AFC I'll take Texans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll take Patriots if we're going AFC.

Advertisement