Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 PS3 online league interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Ok guys I just set up a league and am willing to give a go at running this. I will pm everyone who expressed interest in the league over the past month now with the details.

Anyone else who wishes to join up is more than welcome.

Basic rules are below, a lot of which are copied form the xbox league, I hope they don't mind. They are of course up for discussion.

Game length: 6min w/ no acc clock
    Difficulty: All-Pro
    Playbooks: No limitations
    Audible: Again no limitations but running the play clock down to single figures on each snap is discourages, unless you're ahead by more than a score in the 4th Q.
    It is not permitted to go for it on 4th down except in the following situations
    1. You are inside your opponents 10
    2. Anytime you are behind in the 4th Q or anytime you are behind and within the opponents 40.
    3. You may go for it anytime on 4&1

Try to keep going for it on 4th similar to what you'd see in the NFL.

The onside kick is only allowed when behind in the 4th quarter. Absolutely no surprise on side kicks.

No huddle offense
    No excessive use of the no huddle. Should really only be used when down in the 4th Q.

Sportsmanship:
    Use the Golden Rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Don't run up the score to pad your stats. If you have someone down and beaten, late in the game, have some class and run the clock out without rubbing salt in their wounds. If you are up by more than two scores with 2 minutes remaining, this should dictate you running the ball until the opponent has used their TOs then you should kneel. Up by more than 3 scores with 4 minutes remaining, you should run the ball. Up by more than 4 scores in the 4th should dictate you running the ball.

Running up the score against the CPU:
    If you get to 24 points up against the CPU, start running and punting! As we have a mostly human league now, you will really mess up the stats for guys who are on holidays etc.

Everyone gets annoyed if they are losing... however, please keep in mind there is someone at the other end of the headset.
    Keep in mind what you would prefer not to hear when you get annoyed in game. Try and keep cursing to a minimum.

QB running:
    As far as running with the quarterback….we are not going to say you can’t run with the QB. No one is going to complain when your guys are covered or when you're about to be sacked. It is acceptable to use designed QB run plays. But, you shouldn’t be heading for the sidelines right away.

Dropbacks: Dropbacks of further than the actual drop back are not allowed. This will be rigorously enforced. After taking the snap, there is absolutely no reason to be holding down to drop back as the CPU automatically does this for you. If you drop back further than the three/five/seven yards, it gives you an advantage as for some reason EA think a person can run as quick backwards as forwards, and it causes the man coverage and zones to break down completely. Only on screen passes are you allowed the long drop backs as this is sim like. Once the drop back is complete, there is no restrictions on moving out of the pocket or up in the pocket, but it must be realistic, i.e. you can't take the snap and immediately dart out to the sideline. If someone is found to be doing this, they will be instantly banned for one week.

Taking control and moving a defensive player pre-snap is allowed, providing:
    i) you keep control of that player until after the ball is snapped
    ii) you do not move a D-line player back off the line or to the outside of the tackles
    iii) you do not move a line-backer to a position directly behind a defensive lineman
    In addition, repeatedly shifting your line-backers from side-to-side in order to exploit the ”shake” blitz is not allowed.
    It is perfectly acceptable to use defensive playmaker to adjust your d-line and line-backers. Whether that is show blitz; shift them left or right; pinch or spread; blitz inside or outside or any of the other standard in-game adjustments.

Glitches/Exploits
    There are a few glitches in the game. We are not going to list them all, but if you are exploiting these on a regular basis, and are aware of them, then you will be penalised. Although it's nice to win, it's not at any cost.

Punting
    In Madden 13 it is apparent that short distance punts (i.e. low kick power) often result in a muffed punt which the kicking team can recover. This play is banned from all leagues and tournaments. This rule also applies to low angle punts - regardless of direction and kick power. If, as the kicking team, you recover the ball as a result of either of the above you must offer to return the ball to your opponent on the next play.

Dropped Games
    If during a game the players are kicked from the server the following must be done. The game should be restarted but and the points difference between the teams must be recreated as quick as possible. Also the balance of possession must be recreated so if one player received the kick off was down 14 points and the opponent had possession when the game was kicked off again then he must receive the kickoff, punt twice, give up two scores and then punt again. These rules apply to all games through to the end of Q3.

If the game goes to Q4 the rules as above still apply with the following proviso. If a player is down by 25 points he must effectively concede the game, drop out and let his opponent play the CPU. This point total goes down by 1 point per minute in Q4, so if down by 24 with 9-10 mins, 23 with 8-9 mins and so on down to 17 points with 2-3 minutes left.

If a player drops out in these circumstances, the player who stays in the franchise to play the game should try to keep the score to the same difference it was when the game dropped out. There is no limit on the number of times you can restart the game in this exceptional case only.

Glitches/Exploits:
    There are a few glitches in the game. I'm not going to list them, but if you are exploiting these on a regular basis, and are aware of them, then you may be booted. Although it’s nice to win, it’s not at any cost. Remember, we have experienced and rookie players. Rookies may well glitch by accident, do not complain about it but point out why was wrong and what they should do to avoid it in future.

I will be looking to advance every Thursday and Sunday at 10pm. All games must be play by the deadline. Any exceptions must be report to the commish for approval.

Trading: All trades must be posted on the forum in advance for approval

The league name is: Boards PS3 and I will send the password via PM

Here's hoping the making this work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Fair play!!

I would suggest having a longer game and using accelerated clock. It can make a game unnecessarily long if some one is running the clock at the end, by using the full 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'll be signing up tonight. I'll be choosing the seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Sounds great just communicate lads, thats why it keep breaking down. Il take the Chargers if we are able to select any team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Ive taken the bears ID is leetfamicom.

Just on one of the rules
    No huddle offense
    No excessive use of the no huddle. Should really only be used when down in the 4th Q.

I play a lot of no huddle against the CPU if I get a defense on the field that I like. Since this is tactic used by teams to tire out defenses, I think that we should be allowed do it. What do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Against the CPU its fine, but against a fellow player it can be seen in bad taste if you are constantly exploiting the same mismatch/route etc.

What happens then is the game becomes boring and repetitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I play a lot of no huddle against the CPU if I get a defense on the field that I like. Since this is tactic used by teams to tire out defenses, I think that we should be allowed do it. What do ye think?

The No Huddle is flawed in Madden as it doesn't let you change your play before it as a Defense. When they finally put the NCAA way in, then it'll be better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'll take the Eagles

Will be signing up in the next 2-3 days when I have exams out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

psn izyboy, taking the steelers

As of last night there were 4 teams taken. Since then 2 more have committed to play on the forums. How many more people are we looking for before we decide to start?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

As of last night there were 4 teams taken. Since then 2 more have committed to play on the forums. How many more people are we looking for before we decide to start?

my ps3 is out of commission at the mo.. will join tomorrow

I joined late last night as the Chargers.

I'll give it over the weekend anyway. I presume everyone wants to skip the preseason? Also what are your guys opinions on the time? I went with 6min no acc clock because that's what we use in another league I'm in. Games can take up to an hour but it allows for realistic stats ie. You can carry the ball 20 times and pass 30+ times also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

Just joined. Picked the ravens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll give it over the weekend anyway. I presume everyone wants to skip the preseason? Also what are your guys opinions on the time? I went with 6min no acc clock because that's what we use in another league I'm in. Games can take up to an hour but it allows for realistic stats ie. You can carry the ball 20 times and pass 30+ times also.

I'd recommend going 8 minutes with 20 sec accelerated clock so that people don't stand at the line of scrimmage all day until 1 second left.

I wouldn't limit passing and running stats, if people are better at passing, let them pass, once it's not against the spirit, i.e. using the same thing over and over again.

Will be doing our first week of games this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Im ok to go ahead this week

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I think you guys should start, and let people join as they come along. If you wait for x number to join, people will get bored.

Ye im ready to go too :D

Great! I'm looking forward to this

• Advertisement

Advanced to pre-season week 3. Do people want to make their cuts manually or will I advance straight to week 1?

If people didnt mind Id, like to make the cuts or be able to resign the players that got cut in wk1 and release different players

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Joined up and taken the titans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Sorry lads - haven't gotten round to signing up properly yet but will get round to it later today.

Week moved forward. Will give 24 hours to make final cuts and get things going tomorrow with week 1.

Great! Looking forward to getting this started! I wonder if any of the xboxers have a ps3 as well and could join up to fill out the numbers. Pity sony and microsoft can't get along and have universal servers for all games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

i have to get out lads, sorry... cant find a minute at the moment too busy... when i get some spare time i'll check back...

We're up and running guys. I don't think we have any player vs player games in wk 1 so, depending on how things go I'll give until Tuesday at 10pm to advance.

Sounds great. I think I would have had two player v player matches had we done the preseason! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

This still open to join? My PS3 Id is Butcherofnog, I'd be taking the Raiders if they're available (for my sins)

Advertisement