Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Claim after 3 mths

Options
  • 30-08-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I always do my VHI claim for the financial year even though my renewal month is August. I Just sent in Jan - Dec 2011 and saw on the form that they must be submitted within 3 mths of renewal date (ie Aug 2012). I have always done the same in the past. For example I sent in 2010's in Aug 2011 and received it no problem.
    Is this rule enforced. I am replying on this money so badly words cannot descibe. I cannot sleep worrying it may not be paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Yes they seem to be enforcing it now unfortunately. I've noticed that they have made the 3 month rule more explicit on the claim form now whereas before it was buried in the T&Cs. I have had claims not paid for that reason. They may or may not pay but it's VHIs discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

The rule is enforced, but it's been enforced for the last few years, so it's a little peculiar that you haven't been informed of the 3 month rule yet.

Wait to see what happens. If they pay it, then happy days but remember to make claims at renewal time going forward.

If they don't, query with them why they paid out in previous years but not this year. The rule isn't new, and I'm presuming they didn't inform you in previous years that any payments made were discretionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

In my experience they have paid my receipts being a lot older than 3 months. sometimes a year old.never had any refused

• Registered Users Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭billyhead

Sorry can someone clear this up for me say your renewal date in next January you then have to apply for a refund for claims only after October?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry can someone clear this up for me say your renewal date in next January you then have to apply for a refund for claims only after October?

You have up to three months after your renewal to make your out-patient and day to day claims . So if you renewed on 1st Jan, you have until 1st April to send in your receipts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yes they are enforcing the 3 months rule so are aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mol36

Thanks for the replies. I got the text saying it's been received so fingers crossed. I just last year and i sent in my 2010 receipts on 15 Aug 2011 and got it all so please god will be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mol36

Hi just to let you know I got my vhi refund and so did my husband so am thrilled.

Advertisement