Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused new tv or saorview box

Options
  • 30-08-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am living in a house with an old tv and a Sky HD box. The sky package has been cancelled so only get the free channels. Thats fine. The problem is the picture is fuzzy on the tv screen, the box had previously been connected to a HD TV through a HDMI cable now connected through a Scart cable to an old TV. The aerial in the roof was upgraded to the aerial required for the SKYHD Box and no other aerial (analogue?) available in the sitting room. So my question is what is the best way to improve the picture and should i get a saorview box or just invest in a new tv with saorview built in? If I get a saorview box will it hook up to the aerial that was installed for the SKYHD box or do I need to get the old aerial installed again?

I am so confused!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,533 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The aerial in the roof was upgraded to the aerial required for the SKYHD Box and no other aerial (analogue?) available in the sitting room.

Are you saying a TV aerial (maybe like one of these) was replaced by a satellite dish when Sky was installed?
    So my question is what is the best way to improve the picture and should i get a saorview box or just invest in a new tv with saorview built in? If I get a saorview box will it hook up to the aerial that was installed for the SKYHD box or do I need to get the old aerial installed again?

I assume the old TV doesn't have an HDMI connector, if so the scart is the best method of connecting the Sky receiver and old TV.

If you want the Irish channels you'll have to go the Saorview route and purchase either a Saorview TV - which will have an HDMI connector for the Sky receiver - or a Saorview STB which will connect to the old TV via scart. You will also require a UHF aerial like one of the aerials in the link I posted above, the Sky dish won't work for Saorview.

Advertisement