Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Wirelss Password

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm not very clued in in these matters so you'll have to forgive me. Today I treated myself to a new IPOD touch. I want to connect it to the net via my wireless network, my problem is that my wireless connection has been set up on my laptop for a good few years now and I haven't an earthly clue anymore what the password is, which of course the IPOD requires to link to my network. Any useful advice out there ? Is it possible for example to reset my network password, and how would I go about that ? Can't see anything when I click onto the network connections centre. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

trashcan wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not very clued in in these matters so you'll have to forgive me. Today I treated myself to a new IPOD touch. I want to connect it to the net via my wireless network, my problem is that my wireless connection has been set up on my laptop for a good few years now and I haven't an earthly clue anymore what the password is, which of course the IPOD requires to link to my network. Any useful advice out there ? Is it possible for example to reset my network password, and how would I go about that ? Can't see anything when I click onto the network connections centre. Any help would be much appreciated.

If I'm correct,you would need to reset your Router.

That way everything starts from the start,,and you can put in a new password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MrFrisp wrote: »
    If I'm correct,you would need to reset your Router.

That way everything starts from the start,,and you can put in a new password.

Don't do that, that may cause your laptop to stop connecting.

What make and model is your router?

Advertisement