Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ISP for gaming on PS3

• 31-08-2012 1:14am

Hi, im currently with Imagine Wimax and I play online on my ps3, the connection is good , i can get a stable enough 3 bar connection on games like call of duty.
    The problem is I am a nat type 2 and this imapairs me from joining some of my friends. I live out of town and so I thought i have any fibre optic cables
    from doing a speed test here are my results
    Ping 75ms
    Download 5.15
    Upload 0.50
    Please note that this test was done at 1 in the morning , usually the results arent this good.
    Anyways I was wondering is there any other alternative I could use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

robmc1420 wrote: »
    Hi, im currently with Imagine Wimax and I play online on my ps3, the connection is good , i can get a stable enough 3 bar connection on games like call of duty.
    The problem is I am a nat type 2 and this imapairs me from joining some of my friends. I live out of town and so I thought i have any fibre optic cables
    from doing a speed test here are my results
    Ping 75ms
    Download 5.15
    Upload 0.50
    Please note that this test was done at 1 in the morning , usually the results arent this good.
    Anyways I was wondering is there any other alternative I could use.

Same problem here. I use 3 mobile broadband - speeds are great, much better than yours, but NAT3 type. I used Meteor in the past and had NAT2/1 type, which allowed me to play with friends(only play FIFA atm). The only problem was speed, and after they upgraded network speed in the area, Nat type changed to NAT3...

Unless you get proper broadband, be it Eircom/UPC, there will always be some issues with some servers or games. Speed isn't everything unfortunately.

2150405551.png

Advertisement