Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first year jobs?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm going into UL as a first year and I need a job. The problem is i have never had a job before in my life so my CV is pretty bad.
    Can anyone tell me how i should go about this?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I'm going into UL as a first year and I need a job. The problem is i have never had a job before in my life so my CV is pretty bad.
    Can anyone tell me how i should go about this?
    Thank you.

How well did you get on in Maths in the LC? (HL or OL as well?)

The reason I ask is Chawke's by the Kilmurray Lodge would be a good place to try if you have a good Maths result as the manager would be likely to give you a tills job.

And if you're a big strong lad then you'll get shelves and forecourt. Either way Chawke's is a good place to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Best way to go about it is hand your best possible cv in everywhere you see and hope you get lucky amongst the thousands of other students who are doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DavidNkanga

BroLo wrote: »
    How well did you get on in Maths in the LC? (HL or OL as well?)

The reason I ask is Chawke's by the Kilmurray Lodge would be a good place to try if you have a good Maths result as the manager would be likely to give you a tills job.

And if you're a big strong lad then you'll get shelves and forecourt. Either way Chawke's is a good place to try.
    I got B3 OL and Im quiet strong as well. thank you for your reply by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ACREAN

Looking for someone to give Honors Maths grinds to my son who has just started the first year of the two year leaving cert program. Specifically seeking someone to deliver a 1 hour session twice a week in our Raheen home. Please email me as alan(dot)crean(at)processmaster(dot)com if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

ACREAN wrote: »
    Looking for someone to give Honors Maths grinds to my son who has just started the first year of the two year leaving cert program. Specifically seeking someone to deliver a 1 hour session twice a week in our Raheen home. Please email me as alan(dot)crean(at)processmaster(dot)com if you are interested.

You should try this http://www.ulsu.ie/grinds/mathematics

Ring them to see if they travel/or do home visits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

ACREAN wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117777&page=25

Try here aswell if you want.Theres loads of people giving grinds .

Advertisement