Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you activate new Visa debit card if you live abroad?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just got a letter to say my cirrus card on my ATM card is to be replaced with a new visa debit card which is great. From reading other posts, it seems you have to activate it in a BOI ATM machine.
    I cannot do this as I am sure a lot of folks cannot as they live abroad in my case the states so how do I go about this? I am sure this is a well asked question but I will have to activate it and I don't expect i should hop on a plane back to Ireland to do this..So what do I do?
    Thanks for your help on this one.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Same problem

Just UPS it home, get someone to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi all,
    The card can be activated at any chip & pin atm machine displaying the Visa symbol. You can locate your nearest chip & pin atm here.

I hope this answers your question.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Thanks Linda,
    so basically any ATM machine with the visa sign will work to validate new card and as I am in states, there is plenty of them.
    Much appreciated.:):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dimma02,

Just to clarify, it must be a Chip & PIN ATM. You can use the link to the Chip & PIN ATM Locator to locate the nearest one to you.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement