Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to start second year Help!!!

Options
  • 31-08-2012 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So I registered for second year of my course and all that stuff but when do we find out when we're back and when lectures start? I assume we at some point get emailed timetables, would that be correct?

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

haxer wrote: »
    So I registered for second year of my course and all that stuff but when do we find out when we're back and when lectures start? I assume we at some point get emailed timetables, would that be correct?

thanks guys
    Classes start on Monday 17th of september through the college

Timetables are available here
    http://webtimetables.dit.ie/TTSuiteRBLIVE/

Username students
    Password timetables

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

haxer wrote: »

thanks guys

No-one will be emailing you a timetable, you will need to check it out yourself on the website. However, these are always subject to change, so don't plan anything around it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Are these timetables current or old ones from last year does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 haxer

00MARTZ00 wrote: »

That's what I'm wondering too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

The list view shows dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm hoping the timetables change, at the moment I'm down to have a lecture from 06:50-08:50, that can't be right can it? I commute in every day so there'd be no chance I'd make it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    at the moment I'm down to have a lecture from 06:50-08:50, that can't be right can it?

Wow, I hope not – never heard of any classes starting before 9.00. Must be some mistake there - I doubt the tutors would be willing to start at 6.50 either!

I find those online timetables really hard to follow anyway – there's so many groups and different modules included that don't necessarily apply to you at any one time. They change things around a lot so I wouldn't take it as gospel at this stage!

Last year I was going mad trying to figure it all out beforehand, then when they gave us a printed timetable at the start of term it was a much simpler schedule than I'd expected. Other courses might be totally different though!

Obviously it's a pain if you're trying to plan a part-time job or whatever in advance, but personally I'd wait till college starts to find out for sure when you actually have classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Best way to get any understanding out of them is to look at the graphic view.. Going in to my final year and I still dread looking at them coz they confuse me so much lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Now in fairness , one year everyone else got a letter with their timetables and stuff, i received nothing and missed the first of college.

Everyone didn't say anything because they thought i failed my exams or dropped out

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Now in fairness , one year everyone else got a letter with their timetables and stuff, i received nothing and missed the first of college.

Everyone didn't say anything because they thought i failed my exams or dropped out

haa that's sounds like a bitch. Why didn't you get the letter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Are they seriously not sending people out letters with timetables etc. this year?

I wouldn't know when I'm back except for a friend knew!

I still havnt heard anything myself. Recieved a letter of registration thats all.

I still havnt heard anything myself. Recieved a letter of registration thats all.

On the DIT Calender it says dit lectures start the 17th September. I hope that's true for all lectures.

I havnt even been told if i have been accepted for my options. No one that i know of going in through advanced entry to the same course as me has heard anything either. Love DIT so i do!

I havnt even been told if i have been accepted for my options. No one that i know of going in through advanced entry to the same course as me has heard anything either. Love DIT so i do!

What course are ya doing?

Advanced entry into 3rd year DT021

Ah right! If it had of been advanced entry in to my course ya wouldn't be receiving info on options because they don't actually give anyone options anymore, but haven't removed it from the college literature!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

Advanced entry into 3rd year DT021

Going through advance entry myself different course and have not had one letter from them, I am in the dark at the minute regarding reg/timetables/student number. I know the timetables are online but I hear they can change.

More than likely they will change mate.... numerous times!

Advertisement