Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is being "on the pull"in your 40's sad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

smash wrote: »
    I think for men there's a greater stigma though.

40 year old fellas going to clubs filled with young ones is creepy though. I've been 18 in a club getting hit on my much older guys and it wasn't nce at the time tbh. 40 year old guys going to clubs with a more mixed age group, both young and old...I don't think there's a stigma attached to that, at least in my experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well, what if someone's choice was not to be in such a relationship? As long as someone else isn't under false impression that they will and both know what's going on, what's wrong with being on the pull? Doing so doesn't mean you aren't mature either.

As long as all is consenting and is aware of the full situation, I don't see where anyone else should be interfering.
    To do so, is imposing one personal opinions on a situation that doesn't maybe want or need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Jesus christ, God help some of them if their partner leaves them or sadly kicks the bucket. I suppose they'll just lock themselves away for fear of being seen as "sad"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Newsflash: a 40yr old man can go to a late bar or night club without chasing young women. Sometimes they end up there, you know, for a late drink. Most men at that age don't have any interest in some dopey ronseal-hued 18yr old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

bronte wrote: »
    Jesus christ, God help some of them if their partner leaves them or sadly kicks the bucket. I suppose they'll just lock themselves away for fear of being seen as "sad"
    There should be government funding for hookers for people over 40 who are single so that young ones can go to a club without having to see anyone older than them trying to enjoy themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No, its not sad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

There should be government funding for hookers for people over 40 who are single so that young ones can go to a club without having to see anyone older than them trying to enjoy themselves.

Coke too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Define sleazy.

This:
    Depends. If you're in your 40s and going to a club were the crowd is usually 18-20 and most of the crowd consist of "who can get drunk fastest and pass out", yes, sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I am with the OP I am in my 40s and single, I really should curl up and die.

• Advertisement

Depends. If you're in your 40s and going to a club were the crowd is usually 18-20 and most of the crowd consist of "who can get drunk fastest and pass out", yes, sad.

If I ended up in a place like that at 40, I'd love nothing more than to hit on some of them.

With a baseball bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

two words :

SUGAR DADDY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think the whole idea of "on the pull" is a bit sad when it's the focal point of you social life either before or after 40. That said, if you're single, 40 50 or 60, still got it and enjoy it, flaunt it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's only sad if you go home alone. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I think the whole idea of "on the pull" is a bit sad when it's the focal point of you social life either before or after 40. That said, if you're single, 40 50 or 60, still got it and enjoy it, flaunt it.

Maybe focal point but no one said that. Eating food as your focal point is also sad, the list goes on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Its ok for men to sleep with many women, but its not ok for women to sleep with many men.

I'm guessing this guy ➜ :rolleyes: inserted at the end would have saved you from that yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Where can I find these cougars?

I'll have you know I'm on quite the streak with the older ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Totally agree. Just yesterday I saw a man that must have been 70+ in the queue ahead of me in Tesco buying a 12 pack of condoms. Stallion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

The only thing that is sad is that so many people are wrapped up in the act of judging what other people do with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Not if you are on the pull for someone your own age group, a bit older or a bit younger but if its someone lets say 21 or younger than that's sad, but there are some people who do that, both men and women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

anncoates wrote: »
    Newsflash: a 40yr old man can go to a late bar or night club without chasing young women. Sometimes they end up there, you know, for a late drink. Most men at that age don't have any interest in some dopey ronseal-hued 18yr old

"ronseal hued" :D:D:D

Gonna steal that wan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

once it dosen't involve break dancing its fine :rolleyes:

davet82 wrote: »

once it dosen't involve break dancing its fine :rolleyes:
    What's wrong with older people dancing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Maybe focal point but no one said that. Eating food as your focal point is also sad, the list goes on....

Yeah, I know, but for some people it IS the focal point of their live. That, to me, is more sad than doign it at a certain age.

I should clarify though: by "on the pull" I take it as trying to get a shag and not being all thart discerning, not going out socially to meet people.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If you're happy, you're happy.

If others feel the need to look down on you for it, they're probably not very happy themselves.

Varied wrote: »
    "ronseal hued" :D:D:D

Gonna steal that wan!

There's better ways to sort things out than kidnapping, young man.

anncoates wrote: »
    There's better ways to sort things out than kidnapping, young man.

Pfft, you sound just like my probation officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

My uncle in his 40s is dating a girl who's mother is younger than him. He's getting a slagging for it, but I guess its other peoples business what they do in their private lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

whats wrong with the 40's tryna get their hole? sher they're only human too like, 40 i dont think is that old as long as the're not in a club that full of 18 year olds it fine imo

whats wrong with the 40's tryna get their hole? sher they're only human too like, 40 i dont think is that old as long as the're not in a club that full of 18 year olds it fine imo

I read this in a strong cork accent.

You could read it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

LOL im not from cork, wrong part of the country altogether
    You could read it? :D

Not that hard to read, dont worry you'll get there eventually

wrong part of the country altogether

It sure is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I'm 32....I'd be considered a sleazy auld one to most posters here in AH.

I don't think you should be going to any night club with your looks...
    Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    My face has been compared to that of a turnip....with lettuce hair, tomatoes sliced in half for ears, two little raisins for eyes, carrot mouth and a french onion for a nose. :)

.... shure the lads would only try to ate the face off ya!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The views of sheltered, clueless 19-year-olds are not important.

Madam_X wrote: »
    The views of sheltered, clueless 19-year-olds are not important.

And why are sheltered, clueless 19 year olds not allowed an opinion?

That's racist man.

I'm in my forties and I go out, not necessarily on the pull, but it still happens, I have no idea how I do it. I am actually not attracted to younger, I much prefer my own age group plus or minus 10 years. But have gotten approaches from younger, looks wise I am not bad and in good shape, but I still don't understand that, like I usually shod them off.

That's racist man.
    They're not a race, they're a demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

That's racist man.
    Only if they're not white!

Love your sig btw - that f'ucking quote...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

That's racist man.

Because they're 19 year olds.
    When their parents tell them what to think, they may preach it. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

As a reasonably handsome young man in his 40s, I still occasionally get chatted up by twenty somethings. It's very flattering, I have to say :)

old hippy wrote: »
    As a reasonably handsome young man in his 40s, I still occasionally get chatted up by twenty somethings. It's very flattering, I have to say :)

The same here, I do be looking around for the candid camera.

Colmustard wrote: »
    The same here, I do be looking around for the candid camera.

It's a curse but what can one do? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

I'm 41 year young female + defo like Old Hippy's frame of mind! Call me ...:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

20, 30, 40, 50, 60?......Me personallly, nah...the days of people giving a ****e who goes out with who is over! (I hope so)...It gives me a pain in my skull when I think people still sit in a stage whereas they believe that if you're somewhat older or younger than your perspective partner...then its..."game over"...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I don't agree with the concept of calling anything "sad". I think it's a meaningless term... sad for who and why? I find it ridiculous, the word gets under my skin a bit.

Eden3 wrote: »
    I'm 41 year young female + defo like Old Hippy's frame of mind! Call me ...:D:D

Howdy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Another few years and I will be going on the pull in my 40s!

I cannot wait... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Back in my single days i was often delighted to spy a gamey auld wan across the dancefloor at the end of the night. I do declare, there were times when i felt so lonesome, i took some comfort there....lye lye lye.

I don't agree with the concept of calling anything "sad". I think it's a meaningless term... sad for who and why? I find it ridiculous, the word gets under my skin a bit.

Not even if one of those Andrex puppies lost his mother to canine flu and was crying his eyes out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement