Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is being "on the pull"in your 40's sad?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

In your 40s is sad enough and that is without the above restriction.

People please understand us dirty old men need love to.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A few people in the "are kids worth it thread" think being out on the pull when in your forties is sad.

It seems to be quite a common view on boards that if you can't stay faithful to one person then don't enter a monogomous relationship. Surely the single forty something year old would be doing the mature thing by realising they can't be with one person for the rest of their life so not entering a monogomous relationship.

Utter ageist bullcrap.

Why can't anyone in their 40s or older find love with another person? I suspect the OP has a lot of growing up to do.

For the record I'm in my 30s and still feel young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

whats wrong with the 40's tryna get their hole? sher they're only human too like, 40 i dont think is that old as long as the're not in a club that full of 18 year olds it fine imo

Steve Staunton is that you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Why can't anyone in their 40s or older find love with another person? I suspect the OP has a lot of growing up to do.

In fairness, I think he meant "on the pull" as in trying to get casual sex and one-night stands with strangers, so noone is claiming that. If you look at dating websites, many are full of older people. I agree that it is very ageist though, like as though older people shouldn't be allowed to do something, very offensive. I wonder what the reaction would be if someone asked if it were sad for gay people to go out clubbing with the lads or something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

One day you will all be "old", too and then realise you're not actually "old" at all, IYSWIM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

A few people in the "are kids worth it thread" think being out on the pull when in your forties is sad.

It seems to be quite a common view on boards that if you can't stay faithful to one person then don't enter a monogomous relationship. Surely the single forty something year old would be doing the mature thing by realising they can't be with one person for the rest of their life so not entering a monogomous relationship.

Id say you are about 18 or so, and of the view that being 40 is "ancient". Oh, you have a lot to learn. :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Id say you are about 18 or so, and of the view that being 40 is "ancient". Oh, you have a lot to learn. :D:D

I'm not 18 an I don't regard 40's as ancient. I never said it was sad and don't believe it is. Just got the impression others think its sad.

Advertisement