Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman Wearing Stiliettos while driving motorbike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

This thread reminded me of this...

russian-girl-motorcycle-500-14.jpg?w=500&h=574

As dangerous as it is sexy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

bladespin wrote: »
    What a bunch of mammies, each to their own, keep yer pointy noses out (and covered if ye must).

Wasting yer time pal......its too late, this is the type of biker we have now...wrap them up in cotton wool, bet most of their bikes have four wheels and a roof.........:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sids Not wrote: »
    Wasting yer time pal......its too late, this is the type of biker we have now...wrap them up in cotton wool, bet most of their bikes have four wheels and a roof.........:p

Worst thing is that some actually think atgatt will save them, at best it's fifty/fifty :rolleyes:

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

One thing i'd never buy cheap though is a lid......power ranger stuff isnt for everyone and i'd not slag off someone in jeans and trainers either....

One thing i'd never buy cheap though is a lid......power ranger stuff isnt for everyone and i'd not slag off someone in jeans and trainers either....

I wouldn't be bothered in the least by the price the helmet was as long as it was up to the job.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be bothered in the least by the price the helmet was as long as it was up to the job.

True, but by the time you find out its crap...its too late......:p

Buy the best you can afford is my motto..............

True, but by the time you find out its crap...its too late......:p

Buy the best you can afford is my motto..............

There's plenty of info available in mags and online about lids, some results can be suprising to say the least, the most important thing is fit, you'd be suprised how many are riding around in the wrong size helmet and you'd be amazed how useless a €500 lid is if it's a couple of sizes too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Worst thing is that some actually think atgatt will save them, at best it's fifty/fifty :rolleyes:

fair enough your choice, but I know I'd rather have the full gear on should the worst happen and someone pull out right in front of me etc...

Its funny how you don't hear many stories people who had a bad crash without gear and survived compared to the amount who have survived bad crashes with gear, not saying wearing gear is some magic bubble that prevents injurys, but the facts do speak for themselves.

Your choices, I just think its silly not to give yourselves the best chance of survival should the worst happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

hobochris wrote: »
    fair enough your choice, but I know I'd rather have the full gear on should the worst happen and someone pull out right in front of me etc...

Its funny how you don't hear many stories people who had a bad crash without gear and survived compared to the amount who have survived bad crashes with gear, not saying wearing gear is some magic bubble that prevents injurys, but the facts do speak for themselves.

Your choices, I just think its silly not to give yourselves the best chance of survival should the worst happen.

Give yourself an even better chance by driving a car

A long time ago I lost the front on gravel going into a bend, slid across the road and through a hedge wearing a hoodie, jeans and trainers, I got up and walked away with a few cuts and grazes, I know many others with similar stories, generally I find the atgatt crowd are the ones who go on about escapes, probably justifying their spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

I've ridden in stiletto's twice. First time was normal shoes, second time was 7inch boots. I was being paid for it coz they were promo events. Its not something i'd do on the road. Youve got no grip and gear changing is a nightmare. I have no idea how yer one could do any distance in them... she must have big strong feet.

Give me my old boots anyday.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A long time ago I lost the front on gravel going into a bend, slid across the road and through a hedge wearing a hoodie, jeans and trainers, I got up and walked away with a few cuts and grazes, I know many others with similar stories, generally I find the atgatt crowd are the ones who go on about escapes, probably justifying their spend.

Ah sure you dont need a crash helmet then,seen as you are so tough...........(sorry I mean lucky).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

kalie wrote: »
    I've ridden in stiletto's twice. First time was normal shoes, second time was 7inch boots. I was being paid for it coz they were promo events. Its not something i'd do on the road. Youve got no grip and gear changing is a nightmare. I have no idea how yer one could do any distance in them... she must have big strong feet.

Give me my old boots anyday.:D

Do you think you could supply some kind of visual aid to demonstrate your point? Purely in the interest of public safety of course:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Ah sure you dont need a crash helmet then,seen as you are so tough...........(sorry I mean lucky).

I saw a fella with no helmet in Palmerstown on Friday last. He was coming from the direction where city spares used to be. I wish I had a head as hard and protective as that guy has.

Nothing to do with tough, down to luck, I also split a kneecap while wearing leathers, the gear has little to do with it, luck is the important thing.

Definitely. Its grand putting on all the gear if you're going out for a spin for a day, or doing a tour for a week. Different when you're heading 5 minutes down the road to the shop or something. Not going to put on your one piece leathers and back protector for that.

I'd rather be lucky than tough!

Cienciano wrote: »

So you would rather lose a foot by wearing a pair of runners,rather than wear your boots,and maybe get a fractured or bruised foot/ankle in the event of a serious RTA.

See the thing is.....I actually value my life and my health and safety,regardless of whether the journey was 5 minutes down the road or 5 hours of a tour around the countryside.

I'd rather be tough............skin like a kangaroo.......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Unsubscribe, unsubscribe!

If yis were so concerned with safety, yis wouldn't be riding bikes in the first place

• Advertisement

So you would rather lose a foot by wearing a pair of runners,rather than wear your boots,and maybe get a fractured or bruised foot/ankle in the event of a serious RTA.

See the thing is.....I actually value my life and my health and safety,regardless of whether the journey was 5 minutes down the road or 5 hours of a tour around the countryside.

Losing a foot is lucky now?

Losing a foot is lucky now?

You said you dont and wont wear gear going out on a 5 minute trip.

You "just" wear jeans and runners.

You then said you would prefer to be lucky.

"Lucky" as in that you take the chance of not having any bikegear on you and dont happen to be involved in any RTA and sustain serious injury.

Now apply this post of yours and my last post to you and think about it for a minute.

Do you really need me to explain any more to you now here???

You said you dont and wont wear gear going out on a 5 minute trip.

You "just" wear jeans and runners.

You then said you would prefer to be lucky.

"Lucky" as in that you take the chance of not having any bikegear on you and dont happen to be involved in any RTA and sustain serious injury.

Now apply this post of yours and my last post to you and think about it for a minute.

Being lucky means not getting in an accident in the first place. Being tough means possibly getting in an accident, but having the gear to protect you.

How could anyone have a problem with this is beyond me:
    funny-picture-20043.jpg

Jesus christ...........apologies lads, i've only just seen the photo.....thats crazy,

Green stilletoes with a gold bag............FFS....:D

God yeah, do you honestly think luck doesn't play a huge part in walking away or not? A bigger part than the gear you're wearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Jesus christ...........apologies lads, i've only just seen the photo.....thats crazy,

Green stilletoes with a gold bag............FFS....:D

LMFAO!!!!! :pac: smiley-laughing013.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

God yeah, do you honestly think luck doesn't play a huge part in walking away or not? A bigger part than the gear you're wearing?

no, Luck does play a part.

But which would you rather being wearing when luck isn't on your side? Runners jeans etc or boots + armor?

I know which I would rather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Being lucky means not getting in an accident in the first place. Being tough means possibly getting in an accident, but having the gear to protect you.

How could anyone have a problem with this is beyond me:
    funny-picture-20043.jpg

fapped:o

no, Luck does play a part.

But which would you rather being wearing when luck isn't on your side? Runners jeans etc or boots + armor?

I know which I would rather.

I'd rather be wearing motogp standard one piece made to measure leathers with titanium plates and kevlar reinforcements, a back hump and air bag. I'm guessing that's what you wear ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Wear what you want, simple. Unless it gets made law nobody has the right to tell anybody else what to wear on their bike regardless of whether it's in their own interests or not. Just keep your beak out.

Have worn heeled boots on the bike a few times when I didn't fancy having to change footwear, awkward for changing gears etc. but nothing you can't get used to, prefer my comfy TCX boots though. Funnily enough I didn't break every bone in my body in one of these phantom accidents that apparently only occur when you're not wearing all your gear.

Advertisement