Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrakis

• 31-08-2012 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

7898727870_504b5e5d87_c.jpg

7898735266_65d162953f_c.jpg

7898739780_5daf1d8a6b_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

She knows our ways ... as if born to them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Nice. I hope you didn't make any thumping noise when you took the photographs! Actually, are those worm tracks on the right hand side of the 2nd image?

Great big sky though. I like the 3rd one best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Shai-Hulud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where were they taken?
    as an aside, i found 'dune' to be very disappointing.

where were they taken?

:eek:

wait .. before I condemn you outright , the book or the film ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have not seen the film and do not intend to, as i believe it's worse than the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

A Bene Gesserit in our midst...

Taking the photos, that is, not attempting to subvert the thread with allegations that would be low, even for a Harkonnen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

Mods. I think we might have a problem here...:)
    i have not seen the film and do not intend to, as i believe it's worse than the book.

don't get me wrong, i liked the first half. the second half was ****e.

so, just to clarify, you've read the BOOK, and found it 'disappointing' ?

I can only re-iterate my :eek: in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Beautiful pictures but no wormsign?? You must have been walking without rythym :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Really nice!

As a Lynch fan I like the film for the failure that it is. It has some moments of greatness but is mostly poor. The Sci-fi channel's TV series wasn't particularly great either, tho I wouldn't mind seeing a HBO treatment...

5uspect wrote: »
    Really nice!

As a Lynch fan I like the film for the failure that it is. It has some moments of greatness but is mostly poor. The Sci-fi channel's TV series wasn't particularly great either, tho I wouldn't mind seeing a HBO treatment...

yeah I always reckoned the film at least succeeded in some respect in catching the spirit of the books, while not really adhering too well to the text (and 'weirding modules' ?? bah). The sci-fi series adhered to the text of the books pretty well but was dry and boring and entirely lacking any vestige of atmosphere or spirit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

yeah I always reckoned the film at least succeeded in some respect in catching the spirit of the books, while not really adhering too well to the text (and 'weirding modules' ?? bah). The sci-fi series adhered to the text of the books pretty well but was dry and boring and entirely lacking any vestige of atmosphere or spirit.

Dune is too much for a feature film. I always wondered what the movie would have been like if Lynch had final cut. It probably would have had nothing to do whatsoever with the actual story but would have all that lovely Lynchian weirdness that maybe helped it capture that Dune spirit, or one big spice orgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

where were they taken?

They were taken at a place called Anna Bay which is about 3hrs north of Sydney... Truly stunning place, can not wait to get my film back on Monday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

No! They were taken on Arrakis!

Just ignore the clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

7929282374_b97f6db0e2_c.jpg

7929297864_996e681d2d_c.jpg

7929313664_4b7cfc8cea_c.jpg

7935264894_52796f21e0_c.jpg

7935464340_393d5c88c1_c.jpg

Advertisement