Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it any wonder we're f*cked??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

gatecrash wrote: »
    What in the name of holy thundering sweet jesus is this sh1t?????

is it any wonder why the country is ridiculed the way it is when people actually get paid for this tripe????

People are able to blame everything on "the country" now, some guy writes an article and it suddenly reflects on everyone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

CJC999 wrote: »
    How the f uck dies she expect a 4yr old to read and understand all that ****e!

she doesnt. it is designed for parents who would like to be able to say the same or in an ideal world have their kid act like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

This country isn't f*cked because of mothers like this who care enough for their children to take the time to do this. It's f*cked, as is the whole world f*cked, because of people like you, who lack empathy. Really, the best use of your time was to criticize a mother's love for her child?

i'm criticising the fact that somehow, this article is what passes for journalism.
    Nowhere did i say that i'm criticising the sentiment

Read the thread, bellend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

gatecrash wrote: »
    This country isn't f*cked because of mothers like this who care enough for their children to take the time to do this. It's f*cked, as is the whole world f*cked, because of people like you, who lack empathy. Really, the best use of your time was to criticize a mother's love for her child?

i'm criticising the fact that somehow, this article is what passes for journalism.
    Nowhere did i say that i'm criticising the sentiment

Read the thread, bellend

I laughed at the last line.

SUrely the fact that thousands across the country can wholeheartedly relate to it, makes it a valid article this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Started to read it and brought back some memories of when I dropped my kid to school and then I remembered that after 5 minutes he told me to go home and let him be a big boy now, then stopped reading it. Meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Obviously the OP doesn't have kids. Believe it or not bringing your first born to school for the first time is quite an emotional experience. As someone said once 'It's the point when you begin to lose your child and they begin to make their way in the world'.

So rein in your cynicism.

On the other hand it is a bit of lazy journalism and a bit soppy. Nevertheless it sums up some of the feelings many parents have albeit in a very sugary way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

bluecode wrote: »
    Obviously the OP doesn't have kids. Believe it or not bringing your first born to school for the first time is quite an emotional experience. As someone said once 'It's the point when you begin to lose your child and they begin to make their way in the world'.

On the other hand it is a bit of lazy journalism and a bit soppy. Nevertheless it sums up some of the feelings many parents have albeit in a very sugary way.

I've already said i don't have kids.... it's there, 10 posts ago!!

Again (for the third time) it's not the sentiment. It's the idea that this woman has set her kid up for being made a laughing stock of when (if) his classmates find this letter in 5-10 years time...
    HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA YORE MA WIPES YOUR ARSE>>>>>HAAAAHAHAAHAHA

STINKY BUM CAN'T WIPE HIS ARSE!!! HAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAA

It's also the fact that this is apparently journalism these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

mauzo wrote: »
    SUrely the fact that thousands across the country can wholeheartedly relate to it, makes it a valid article this week?

But what about the diabetics that stumbled upon it, where was the consideration for them?

In fairness though, live and let live. I found it a bit twee and self-indulgent, so I stopped reading and got more enjoyment out of reading the opposing reactions here. But I understand that some parents probably enjoy it, so why not let them do just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Dear Son,

The world is overpopulated. Thanks to you, we can look forward to water wars, the rise of facist governments, mass immigration/emigration, disease, labour camps, and much, much more!

Mummy.

P.S. Don't forget to wipe the sh*t off yourself or something

The world isn't over populated. And you're contributing to the exact same invented problems as anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

smash wrote: »
    It's a bs article. If she wanted to write a letter she could have just done it without having to publish it and advertise the the country that she loves her child. Honestly, who gives a shít? Most parents love their children, she's no different.

This is just an advanced version of someone throwing "baby on board/princess on board" stickers all over their car.

The sort of person who doesn't want sports days in the school unless everyone gets a prize.
    "Let's celebrate our children, competition is wrong"

Suits me fine. I'm going to teach my kid to take advantage of all these namby pamby darlings and become their new imperial overlord!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

bluecode wrote: »

this has been happening for centuries. Why suddenly has this generation gone on the "my child is so flipping special" route. Everyones child is special - just some people just don't brag about it or want to let everyone know how "tiffany" or "tarquin" is so precious. Get over it - throw you child into school and go home - if the OP keeps this "pampering" up she will raise a spoilt brat of a kid that demands everything and gives nothing back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Cienciano wrote: »
    The world isn't over populated. And you're contributing to the exact same invented problems as anyone else.

I'm not as bad if I don't have kids. Or murder other people's kids. Thus reducing carbon footprint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's only through pieces like this that some people will remember that their kids are supposed to be starting school today. Otherwise they'd just totally forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Who'd have thought a thread like this would get legs.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Where is the tl;dr version??

tl;dr:

I'm going to miss you my little snuflly-widdykins!

BWAHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement
Advertisement