Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery in sligo

Options
  • 31-08-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

where is a good carvery for lunch in sligo. only been to molly fultons as its fairly close to work but not overly impressed with their fare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The Southern Hotel (or whatever it's called now, Best Western I think) do a Carvery. It has been a while since I frequented them but it was nice at the time. Sligo Park do one too. Not sure if many/any restaurants in the town have them now, takes up too much room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Henrys do it too, not sure what they're like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Henry's is 8 mls out the Donegal road, but it is usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Henrys...massive portions. Fab food. http://ink361.com/#/photos/222229443226068292_18492008

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I don't know why I don't like Henrys, I go the odd time with my wife for lunch , she swears by it. Nothing wrong just maybe I wasn't impressed driving 8 miles out of town. Personally I don't know where in town actually does a traditional carvery any more but Shenanigans does a great lunch and for value for money The Adelaide cannot be beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've been there maybe 7-8 times and it's a grand spot. The food is great, the portions are generous and the staff are very courteous and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I've been there maybe 7-8 times and it's a grand spot. The food is great, the portions are generous and the staff are very courteous and professional.

I had heard as much, but as they say, the proof of the pudding....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

magnumlady wrote: »
    Henrys...massive portions. Fab food. http://ink361.com/#/photos/222229443226068292_18492008

Have to agree have been there a few times now and very well looked after,and if you leave hungry there is something wrong with you.and its very reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

bennyc wrote: »
    The Adelaide cannot be beat.

The same people who served me rotten lettuce and tried to tell me that it was fresh, and were nothing more than snobs because our kids were with us when there was only two people in the bar.

I'll not be going back there.

Advertisement