Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Autodialler

Options
  • 31-08-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All,

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm panel am just wondering what is procedure or cost involved for getting a GSM dialler connected so it txts me if alarm happens to activate.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I'm guessing you probably meant to post in Home Security, rather than Infosec.

Personally, I would just buy a dialler and wire it in myself. Most alarm panels have a remote trigger output.
    I am also playing with hooking my home alarm to an arduino to get even more interesting behaviour on a trigger.
    This solution is not for most people, however, so I would probably recommend talking to your friendly neighbourhood alarm guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Darragho wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm panel am just wondering what is procedure or cost involved for getting a GSM dialler connected so it txts me if alarm happens to activate.

Thanks

If you have engineer access to the alarm then it is easy enough to install and set up. Check out a few of the suppliers here for self install prices.
    Shopping around is your best bet as prices can vary if getting installed by any company.

Advertisement