Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcopops of the 90s - available anywhere?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be organising my hen party over the next few months, and would love to get my hands on a few bottles of the old style/original alcopops - Woodys, Hooch, Mugshot etc. for a bit of nostalgia!

Does anyone know if these are made anymore?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

90's Alcopops. Ah I remember those. Bag of flavoured sugar basically. Mad stuff Ted, Mad Stuff. :D

Wish I could help but I'm sure the E numbers in those could likely have been considered "unsafe" to human cosumption. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

phill106 wrote: »

This page last updated: August 2002
    © Drinks Paradise 2002

Im not so sure myself!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

First legal drink I ever bought was a strawberry Mugshot, You get some hyper bang off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I loved the cola Mugshot. Tasted the exact same as cola Mr. Freeze :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Where I lived "Woodies" was the first alcopop. Very popular for 3 months, then sales died.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Where I lived "Woodies" was the first alcopop. Very popular for 3 months, then sales died.

I've actually seen big bottles of Woodies in my local Centra last time I was there. The strawberry one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Really cherrycoke? Would you mind saying what area the Centra was in?

Total sugar high. We thought we were slightly more sophisticated getting the pink grapefruit flavour, lol!

There used to be a lime bicardi breezer at one point too, damn near ruined one New Year's Eve for me, but other than that, fond memories :P:P

boogaloop wrote: »
    Really cherrycoke? Would you mind saying what area the Centra was in?

There used to be a lime bicardi breezer at one point too, damn near ruined one New Year's Eve for me, but other than that, fond memories :P:P

It's a Centra in on William St. Limerick :)

There was a lime Bacardi drink called Rigo aswell.. it was sooo refreshing! So refreshing that you didn't relalise how much you drinking until you were too far gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Ah yes, refreshing.........until the fresh air hit, lol!

Great, will try & look in that Centra next time I'm down that direction, which should be sometime over the next few weeks.

Is it wrong that I'm so excited about the thoughts of this?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Anyone remember mad dog 20/20 in the rasberry or green flavours,I had a lbad night on that when I was a teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Sappa wrote: »
    Anyone remember mad dog 20/20 in the rasberry or green flavours,I had a lbad night on that when I was a teenager.
    When I worked in the UK myself and my mate I was over with saw this in an off licence and couldn't understand why anyone would buy it. My bar manager gave us a bottle each when we were leaving, it's now on a shelf in my room were it shall stay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I find all the retro 90's stuff down in my local off license,i guess im lucky,they even still have the butter balls and after shock in cinnamon too!

I have seen bacardi breezers in superquinn they do have them stocked there,and ive seen them in a few newsagents too..

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

If I smelt it I think my stomach would turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Sappa wrote: »
    That was hard stuff to get but the student union in queens had it so cheap you could afford to buy it for a carry out!

I had some mad (happy) evenings after drinking it. Pure jungle juice!

The only thing I had since my student days that has a similar effect is mulled wine with extra sugar and brandy which goes by the name Feuerzangenbowle at the Christmas markets in Munich.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The first I saw was 2 dogs alco lemonade and only because someone sent it to people I the office to work out how it would be treated for customs duties purposes - same place I first saw pop tarts. My life is so sad....

Advertisement