Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical insurance for offroad bike tour in Spain

• 31-08-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm off to southern Spain in a few weeks for a two day off-road motorbike tour into the Spanish mountains - can't wait.

Only problem is, my travel insurance (Multitrip) has said they "don't cover offroad motorcycling" even though the Policy Wording simply says "Motorcycling over 125cc (with the appropriate Irish motorcycle licence, wearing a crash helmet, no racing)", so it doesn't actually discriminate against whether on road or off. But, not willing to challenge them as they'll always be right, I'm sure. I already have the maximum level of Hazardous Activities cover (Grade 4) - which was for another reason on another trip.

InsureAndGo don't cover any motorcycling, according to their policy docs.

Does anyone know of any insurance company in Ireland that offers travel insurance for such situations? No need for 3rd party insurance for the bike, that's already covered, just want medical. The tour outfit I am doing this with recommend PJ Hayman but unfortunately it is for UK residents only. :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement