Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown bread or White bread, what do you eat, and what does it say about you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I am off all bread only in the last few days, I tell ya what I feel a lot healthier without it, also gave up all pasta rice and potatoes.

No need to give up all pasta and rice, just switch to brown instead. Sweet potatoes are lovely I think too, but I do love a nice plate of shpuds. Couldn't give them up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Ah its the Paleo diet mate!

Ah Jaysus you arent one of them cross-fitters! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sky is the limit

Ah Jaysus you arent one of them cross-fitters! :D

God no! just trying to lose a bit of weight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

LordSutch wrote: »

Tadays Diddy Dough tadayyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

God no! just trying to lose a bit of weight!

Good man yourself :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

I starting eating brown bread when my Science teacher in school explained what a colostomy bag was and the reason you might need one. I was converted to a high fibre diet after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

At this time

12 people vote white
    84 eat brown.

Then why the fcuk is there never any white bread left on the shelf's on any evening and plenty of brown.

Any supermarket .

Flawed results here I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I heard White bread is for people in council houses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I would have bet money on the white brigade outbiting the brownies 2/1 at the start of the poll, but it looks like the Browns have it by a big margin - Poll to close Sunday night. In my local Tesco the white bread is always the first to disappear off the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

LordSutch wrote: »
    I would have bet money on the white brigade outbiting the brownies 2/1 at the start of the poll, but it looks like the Browns have it by a big margin - Poll to close Sunday night. Funny how the white bread is always the first to disappear off the shelves in Tesco.

I guess it just goes to show that boards.ie is by no means representative of Irish society as a whole, much as some posters (not specifically directed at you LS, just that your post demonstrates an important observation) like to think it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Neither.

My choices are no bread or ****e gluten free bread, so I pick the better tasting option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Pita bread is nice,but id always choose a nice wholegrain brown bread if i have a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I f#ckin love bread, brown, not your sliced white with a bit of bran thrown in' brown but a multigrain or a spelt and honey or that Lidl bread with all the pumpkin seeds all over it, and the oval one.
    Most sliced pans are pure ****e.
    Staffords low GI multigrain is nice, or McCambridge brown bread, but mostly I make my own, easy peasy with a breadmaker.

Advertisement