Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Killzone trilogy package on the way

• 31-08-2012 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Killzone-Trilogy.jpg
    PlayStation fans may be in line for yet another triple dose of first party awesomeness. Billed for late October, “Killzone Trilogy” will go on sale for 60 Euros, presumably bundling all three games in Guerilla’s gritty sci-fi series.

It has yet to be confirmed whether the triple-pack exists. If proved to be a legitimate product, there will no doubt be questions as to whether Sony have renovated the first game in the series, slotting yet another gem into their “HD Classics” catalogue.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/08/31/killzone-trilogy-inbound/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So much blandness on one disc!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Three of the dullest FPS games on one disc. No sale!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

60? i could probably buy all 3 now separatly for alot less then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

saiint wrote: »
    60? i could probably buy all 3 now separatly for alot less then that

That's what I though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Never played the first, the other 2 where awesome especially with the boards clan matches we had.. 60 is too expensive 40 seems like a much better price to convert gamers to the Killzone franchise.. Maybe they will do the same for Resistance, Fall of Man is easily the best FPS game that came to PS3 for its time..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has now been confirmed 7937175632_d6db9bb9b0.jpg

Just take my money already ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ill get it for the first one just to see if its been improved on and hopefully it has sharpshooter support.

Just after thinking, wonder would it include all DLC? As Killzone 2 and 3 can be bought for about 30euro for the 2 if it included DLC it would be a great deal..

Just after thinking, wonder would it include all DLC? As Killzone 2 and 3 can be bought for about 30euro for the 2 if it included DLC it would be a great deal..

Adding more thrills and excitement to the overall Killzone Trilogy package, gamers will also be able to get their hands on the multiplayer map packs launched for Killzone 2 & 3. The full run-down of these maps is;

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
    Steel & Titanium Pack
    Flash & Thunder Pack
    Napalm & Cordite Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
    Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
    Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
    Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

• Advertisement

Adding more thrills and excitement to the overall Killzone Trilogy package, gamers will also be able to get their hands on the multiplayer map packs launched for Killzone 2 & 3. The full run-down of these maps is;

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
    Steel & Titanium Pack
    Flash & Thunder Pack
    Napalm & Cordite Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
    Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
    Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
    Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

A must buy then so, wonder how much I would get for selling Killzone 3? .. Was going to buy maps but now I shall just wait.. Get the boards clan going again if people buy this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭N64

TIL that people actually liked kilzone (this is coming from a person who owns a ps3 :pac:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if they can improve Killzone, the original PS2 release?
    I mean, given that the only existing way to improve your gaming experience is not to play that piece of dung at all.
    The other, less effective, way was to bring it right back to the shop and get something else.
    If your receipt was missing just peg it in the bin.

Never was there a much lauded FPS so, so disappointing, Space marines stumbling through acre after acre of brown scenery and invisible walls consisting of slightly less brown rocks and stones.

Utter tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Killzone 3's multiplayer was actually great. The best class based shooter I've played since TF2 with some really clever touches and great balancing.

I liked the original Killzone :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

KZ2 was good fun and the multiplayer was quite enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

N64 wrote: »
    TIL that people actually liked kilzone (this is coming from a person who owns a ps3 :pac:)

Go back to your PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Go back to your PC.

Since it houses thousands of games that are much more interesting than Killzone, that's not exactly the worst suggestion. TBH, you don't have to look very far on even PS3 to find FPS games far, far superior to Killzone. The multiplayer may be good, but my time with the Killzone 2 single player was with one of the dullest, most generic games I've ever played. Always slightly baffled at how it achieved such critical acclaim, although many seemed less fond of the third game.

I didn't find it dull at all, played 2 and 3 and really enjoyed them. Picked up 1 for ps2 but I never got around to going back and playing it so looking forward to that.
    Had a great time playing it online too, some epic boards nights were had.

Killzone 2 imo had the best opening cutscene in any game.. I use to know all the words of the speech:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

All the Killzone negativity :( I got the third one in PC World for €12.50, and I was planning on getting the second one before I play it. Not so sure now.

Next people will be saying Resistance is rubbish too, and I shouldn't bother looking for the first two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Next people will be saying Resistance is rubbish too, and I shouldn't bother looking for the first two.

They're right. The first one is just awful, nothing good to say for it. If you can get the second for a tenner, it might be worth it but that's it.

All the Killzone negativity :( I got the third one in PC World for €12.50, and I was planning on getting the second one before I play it. Not so sure now.

Resistance Fall of Man is one of the best FPS games on PS3.. The online servers where awesome.. The 2nd wasn't as good but I love the 3rd even though so much people complain about it like they are with the Killzone series.. Heck I think Gears of War is rubbish.. You will only know if its for you when you try it..

Woah woah woah. Resistance 1 is awesome! And it's mega cheap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cloud493 wrote: »
    Woah woah woah. Resistance 1 is awesome! And it's mega cheap.

A Killzone 1 and Resistance 1 lover. I won't get looking for recommendations from you. Both games were terrible.

In your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

IMO... This game is one of the most annoying FPS I've played, weighty controls and too much spawn camping.

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Go back to your PC.

Do you want me give you verification that I own a PS3? Can a man voice his opinion Nowadays? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

N64 wrote: »
    Do you want me give you verification that I own a PS3? Can a man voice his opinion Nowadays? :rolleyes:

Do you own Killzone?

• Advertisement

I don't own it personally, no. However a friend bought it over to my house before and I did play a fair bit of it. You can check my playstation account for proof.

cloud493 wrote: »
    In your opinion.

I like mine a lot better.

Advertisement