Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go back for leaving cert

• 31-08-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi,

I'm 18 going on 19 this year. When I was 17 I left school. I guess everyone was right when they said "you'll regret it" and now I truly am. I want to go about doing my leaving cert again, but I'm not sure how. A friend said there was a thing for adult education called vtos. Well I checked that out, but you need to be 21 to do it.

I'm lost now, how do I go about doing the leaving at my age? Do I have to go back to a proper school?

any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

roasturkey wrote: »
    hi,

I'm 18 going on 19 this year. When I was 17 I left school. I guess everyone was right when they said "you'll regret it" and now I truly am. I want to go about doing my leaving cert again, but I'm not sure how. A friend said there was a thing for adult education called vtos. Well I checked that out, but you need to be 21 to do it.

I'm lost now, how do I go about doing the leaving at my age? Do I have to go back to a proper school?

any help appreciated, thanks.

your local vec will more than likely do repeat leaving cert or you can do it as an external candidate whichever one you prefer. PLC courses are also really good courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kevin james murray

just got of phone from interview only wants me to come in for second interview next week. bring leaving cert results with you cant find them done it 22 years ago bit of a prob

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

just got of phone from interview only wants me to come in for second interview next week. bring leaving cert results with you cant find them done it 22 years ago bit of a prob

Try your old school - it's a long shot but they might have them.
    Otherwise, apply here for them: http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sor

Advertisement