Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok so here is how the draft is going to work:
    Teams 1-6 must send Santry a pm with their top 6 picks by Monday the 3rd of September midnight.

Along with this pick, they must include the following simple statement at the end of their message:

"I have read the rules and agree to play by them"

Santry will then pm the next 6 teams with the list of teams that are still available. The 6 teams will have until Tuesday midnight to reply.

I will then be taking over and pmming the following 6 teams who will have to reply to me by the end of Wednesday.

This will continue until all teams have picked, hopefully finished by Friday and the teams will be released over the course of the weekend.

The official draft order will be published here when all the new comers have been accounted for.

N.B. - If you don't send in your pick during your draft day, you will be moved to the end of the draft list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Draft Days:

Monday
    davetherave
    Pudsy33
    Nelbert
    notyalc666
    empacher
    LukeBray

Tuesday
    NekoChan
    madalig12
    Toby Witty Goose
    BigBadRob83
    Helimachoptor
    Raoul

Wednesday
    adrian522
    matthew8
    linebacker52
    etloveslsd
    Paully D
    Danger_dave1

Thursday
    SantryRed
    ibmax
    Berty44
    Mikeyt08
    Eli Manning
    PerrivV2

Friday
    Brianon
    HowAreWe
    gufc21
    Colts
    Mikemac1
    Padraic M
    PacFish
    With that, I'll be sending everyone a PM now confirming that they will be rejoining the league for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What is someone can't get online during their draft day? I think it's really harsh that they would be moved to the back. Why not just give them the next highest-rated team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

matthew8 wrote: »
    What is someone can't get online during their draft day? I think it's really harsh that they would be moved to the back. Why not just give them the next highest-rated team.
    If u can't get online pm Ben or eamon your preferences early

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

If u can't get online pm Ben or eamon your preferences early

You have 12 hours to do it. If you don't think you will be online then you can pm us with your say your 20 picks if you are picking 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really looking forward to this now. Going to try and play with as many teams that I think will fall to me as I can before Wednesday. I currently have 3 in mind that I would be delighted to get. I think Monday's picks will go like this:

Dave - Patriots
    Pudsy - Redskins (:eek:), if not Ravens
    Nelbert - Packers
    Notyalc666 - Giants
    Empacher - Texans
    LukeBray - Falcons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Played a madden game online for the first time since megadrive madden ;)

Played four games. Lost all four. Scored maybe four TDs but conceded about 150 points. Will be a long season :D

Heli,

Could you edit my post and put HowAreWe and gufc21 on Friday's draft day?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Can't wait for this to start, or for my game to arrive tomorrow! I've one day to decide who to draft.

The first players have been PM'd. You have until 12 midnight tomorrow (Monday midnight) to PM your top 6 preferences. Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wonder what teams are gone after the first part of the draft... :D:D

• Advertisement

I wonder what teams are gone after the first part of the draft... :D:D

Come back Friday/Saturday to find out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »

The Commish has spoken... :p

The Commish has spoken... :p

The other good thing about people sending in their top 6 picks is that apart from the number 1 pick, nobody else can be exactly sure who they got!

The other good thing about people sending in their top 6 picks is that apart from the number 1 pick, nobody else can be exactly sure who they got!

fully agree, i think it's a good way.
    There'll be some banter once the choices are confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Actually I want to be part of the suspense, disregard me as the #1 pick and drop me to the bottom of the list.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

If guys get back to you quicker than expected, will it be sped up?

If possible, might be nice to get bit more chance to practice with a team

If guys get back to you quicker than expected, will it be sped up?

If possible, might be nice to get bit more chance to practice with a team

Agree Rob, if all of the first picks are back now then the 2nd round should be sent out.
    The guys will still have til midnight tomorrow but if they come back then we can speed up the process.

Agree Rob, if all of the first picks are back now then the 2nd round should be sent out.
    The guys will still have til midnight tomorrow but if they come back then we can speed up the process.

I have no problems with that, Santry is in charge of the first two days so see what he thinks.

Heli, can you add Colts to the end of the draft list please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Can I still join this league?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PADRAIC.M wrote: »

You sure can. Pm Raoul or santry red and they'll help you out.

• Advertisement

Who had predicted me as the steelers....with fumblitis mendenhall....not a chance.

Have to say.. as time is going on.. i'm leaning more and more towards the Seahawks!

No need to pm. You will be added to the draft list and be picking on friday, team number 31 I think.

Heli, please add him to the list.

Have to say.. as time is going on.. i'm leaning more and more towards the Seahawks!

If they drop to you.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Sweet cheers guys, 31st pick?! Lol should of got on here months ago! What are the chances of ravens being still there by 31!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Sweet cheers guys, 31st pick?! Lol should of got on here months ago! What are the chances of ravens being still there by 31!

Haha welcome aboard man, good to have you here.

Played much Madden?

Heli,

Could you please remove Daflood from the draft list as unfortunately he won't be joining us.

If we get all the picks in lads we can speed up the process. No problem at all. Just one set of picks to go for this round. Not looking at you Pudsy :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Haven't played with the Seahawks in the full game but I enjoyed playing with them on the demo.

I have 3 teams earmarked now. Team 1 would be a bit of a reach, Team 2 should hopefully fall to me and Team 3 should be guaranteed to fall to me. I wouldn't be too happy with Team 3 but at the same time I'd rather play with a team whose schemes suit my style of play rather than one rated a few OVR points higher but that don't suit my play, especially considering it takes a number of seasons to change schemes successfully. If it was just a matter of switching playbooks it wouldn't make a difference but you really do have to take into account a lot of things when choosing a team this year and not just the OVR rating of players.

I'm just hoping that when I open the PM with the remaining teams left on Wednesday that at least one of those 3 teams is still on it. If not I'm in for a long day trying out others :pac:

I can't wait to see who everyone gets and what division we'll all be in. This was a cracking idea drafting like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can I can crawling back? :o

And be added to Friday's list? :)

I've checked the numbers, you don't have 32 so should be room :cool:

I know I won't get my beloved Ravens :( But that's ok

I might even head over to the NFC for a change ;)

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Heli,

Could you please remove Daflood from the draft list as unfortunately he won't be joining us.

If we get all the picks in lads we can speed up the process. No problem at all. Just one set of picks to go for this round. Not looking at you Pudsy :p:)

Done Ben, danger Dave and Perrin advance 1 day because of dafloods removal

Advertisement